• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Round 3: Moana Pasifika v Rebels - Friday 8 March 2024

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
It's funny, I completely disagree with those calls.

Strachan is a journeyman at best, but our backs look substantially better when Kellaway isn't being obligated to spend time at first receiver, and without Proctor I don't think we should be forcing it.

I'd definitely prefer to see Glen given another opportunity to start ahead of Anderson though, he's started the season off much more slowly than he has in the last two.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
If the rebels don't let Moana get off to a good start they can win this game. It's clear from the force game that they are a confidence side and when they are in the game they are competitive. I still think last week's win has more to do with the intercept try, kick off try against the run of play that got them back into the game making them switch on. Not so much the benches like everyone is saying. If they are in the game they have a good very chance of winning. If Moana get off to a good start they will lose by many

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Poor Robbie, great break into space and now off within the first two minutes. Hurts with Wilkin off too.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Kemeny good steal in the LO, looked like Salakai-Loto got the ball over but reliable Kellaway eventually scores it with still a bit to do.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Only been 10 minutes but Uelese has been good. Nailed his throws and set up a good try for Louwrens, happy to see the Rebels start a bit faster.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Kellaway getting a cross field kick off is surely use of our knock on advantage, rough on MP (Moana Pasifika).

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Getting away with taking the man out there. It was big man on small but it looked like a clear deviation from the rebels player to throw a shoulder in.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
A bit of a nothing option for the Rebels with that little chip over the top from Gordon there, would like to see them put the foot on the throat and not let up.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Again with the silly kicks wasting field position. The pack the Rebels have they should just play phases and brutalise Moana for a while when they're down near the red zone, the holes will open up for them pretty soon afterwards.