• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Round 3: Moana Pasifika v Rebels - Friday 8 March 2024

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Rebels scrum should get them home from here, but this game shouldn't even be in question. Hopefully they don't regret pulling Strachan if it comes to a deciding penalty kick.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Rebels needed to string some wins together and will be happy to have seen off the comeback, but they need to step up from here. They won't get the level of mismatch they had here again.

AFL_Converted

Billy Sheehan (19)
Decision making when pushing forward lacked there. It's like they didn't trust our forwards to keep it.

Mind you with a few rare exceptions they killed us at the breakdown so chances are we would have turned it over. Since Dicky left we have little to fight the breakdown.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
Screenshot_20240308-185050.png

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
The Rebels' longest win streak in real Super since 2019. The train is leaving the station, all aboard. After dispatching the mighty Force and MP (Moana Pasifika) minor premiers is all but assured.

Dare I say it but... I thought Uelese was best on? Nailed his throws, set up a great try, always made metres was on for the whole game I think. Was part of a completely dominant maul and scrum.

HM to Kemeny for his two line out steals, Daugunu for 3 pilfers and Kellaway's high ball and attack work.

I'm still waiting for Salakai-Loto to go to the next level, always looks like he's about to make some miracle offload or a Lawes-esque tackle but instead he just meekly goes to ground.