• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Round 3: Moana Pasifika v Rebels - Friday 8 March 2024

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
The Rebels' longest win streak in real Super since 2019. The train is leaving the station, all aboard. After dispatching the mighty Force and MP (Moana Pasifika) (Moana Pasifika) minor premiers is all but assured.

Dare I say it but... I thought Uelese was best on? Nailed his throws, set up a great try, always made metres was on for the whole game I think. Was part of a completely dominant maul and scrum.

HM to Kemeny for his two line out steals, Daugunu for 3 pilfers and Kellaway's high ball and attack work.

I'm still waiting for Salakai-Loto to go to the next level, always looks like he's about to make some miracle offload or a Lawes-esque tackle but instead he just meekly goes to ground.
Agree, Uelese was my best on ground as well. Lineouts, scrums and work around the park all his best in a long time.

LeCheese

Peter Johnson (47)
I'm still waiting for Salakai-Loto to go to the next level, always looks like he's about to make some miracle offload or a Lawes-esque tackle but instead he just meekly goes to ground.
1709886345927.png

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Really? I think he’s been our most physical forward in all three game so far. I mean “our” as in throughout the Aussie teams.
Hmm not from what I’ve seen, his post contact metres seem really poor and he’s not stealing any lineout ball. Didn’t miss a tackle though.

Proud Pig

Ted Thorn (20)
When he went off Sir was pointing to his ear so I assume that was where the blood was.
I agree on Uelese he was my best afield. He had always been a good scrummager but his line out was good and made good yardage whenever he had the hit up.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
This match was like blunt force trauma to the eyes.

Shame about the Covid outbreak in Hamtown that caused the total evacuation of the motherfucking stadium LOL.

MP (Moana Pasifika) have all the hallmarks of a Tana coached team; that being they are lazy and dumb. Zero deception on attack, zero dummy runners. just one out league-style hit ups. Talk about failing upwards.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
When he went off Sir was pointing to his ear so I assume that was where the blood was.
I agree on Uelese he was my best afield. He had always been a good scrummager but his line out was good and made good yardage whenever he had the hit up.
Yeah - I thought you could clearly see blood on the ear. Although I don’t think either the trainer or Leota realised until the ref pointed it out to them (it wasn’t much - possible just an open sore). The ref seemed to be throwing them a bone so they could get it sorted without holding up the game.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Didn't realise that was a bonus point win for the rebels, that's an important extra point to pick up but they really need to work out their kicking. 5 tries to 2 to only win by 6 points is pressure they just don't need to be under. Will be hard to win the close ones (or the ones that should be close) kicking at less than 50%.

Not sure if that means Strachan or Tuttle takes over they find a way to get Gordon right, but if they can't rack up penalties it'll be hard to make the most of their scrum, particularly with a lineout that's been a bit iffy. The conversions alone should've put this game out of Mona's reach.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Yeah - I thought you could clearly see blood on the ear. Although I don’t think either the trainer or Leota realised until the ref pointed it out to them (it wasn’t much - possible just an open sore). The ref seemed to be throwing them a bone so they could get it sorted without holding up the game.
I wondered if ref got a call in ear piece he needed a HIA?

Reactions: TSR

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Why did Moana play at Hamilton? The stadium was empty
As WOB explained, there was a problem with the field at their home ground in North Harbour, and it got moved a week or so back. I think it may of been able to be played at NH, but all to do with Auckland city concil wanting to shut the park down I suspect.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
I have to ask, what did I miss? Doran on ROAR is talking Taniella Tupou was a star of game. He seemd to scrum ok, but apart from jogging slowly around, and having a tendency to just lean on side of rucks I missed the starring stuff he did.
I don't get it either. Sammy and Gibbo have been monsters this season, but the big names get the plaudits.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Gibson has been very good for a few years but I think he’s stepped up this year so far. scrummaging is underrated and his run strongly too.