• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Round 3 - Rebels v Highlanders - Fri 1st of March@7:45pm - AAMI Park

Who's excited for a home game? I missed AAMI park

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
I actually think this games kick off should be moved back to 8:30pm, at least the forecast has dropped below 30 degrees at that stage.

Should at least be additional stoppages for players water/my bar runs.

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
The hotter it is the better for us.

Plus the sun should be starting to go down at 730-745, so wont be too harsh on the players.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Looks like another long night for the Rebs front row. Such a shame about the bye, I hope the boys can keep the momentum going and give Melbourne a good show. Also get everyone down, should be a bloody good game.

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
Ainsley on the bench is a positive, i think its an indication that Dave has shown his hand. He was leaning towards Talakai and Sa'aga towards the end of the season, i guess he was probably hopeful Ainsley been involved in the Wallabies camp and a whole preseason under his belt might of improved his scrummaging.

With having big Sam starting at least we will probably win most of our own ball. When the highlanders have the ball i can still see us been blown off the park in the scrum.

elementfreak

Trevor Allan (34)
I actually think this games kick off should be moved back to 8:30pm, at least the forecast has dropped below 30 degrees at that stage.

Should at least be additional stoppages for players water/my bar runs.

35 I would agree, but 30 should be alright.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
Currently
Screenshot_20190301-130656.png

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Humidity is ~20% but! That will be fine! 38 and dry is fine. 32 and humid is f*cked.

redveincheese

Billy Sheehan (19)
Every single time I look at the Rebels back line it brings a smile to my face. Go you good thing.

PS right now my favourite is Meakes, god I love that bloke.

9.Will Genia
10. Quade Cooper

I look I see above and get a warm fuzzy feeling inside. I guess I should stop living in the past. But the anticipation is heightened at the prospect of seeing class past or present.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
Aus teams need to work on the accuracy in the handling of the ball. Rebels could be 2 or 3 tries further ahead than at present if not for all the mistakes. I understand that they are playing flat but a important element to that strategy is execution and as a block all of our teams tend to be sloppy in this regard.

redveincheese

Billy Sheehan (19)
Nice half from the Rebs. Deserve their advantage which was earned on the back of some sustained pressure. Highlanders will need to lift from here for the win if the Rebs maintain their concentration.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
So other than a few highlights I've missed the first. Looking forward to the second though!