• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Round 4 - Festival of Hate - Qld v NSW

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
By round 7 we would have played everyone in our pool. Could be 0-6 but I'm still hopeful for the weekend. If they can bully the Tah's in the forwards it weakens their attacking threats out wide. Also, score early and it will give them some confidence.

Jerry West

Sydney Middleton (9)
Expecting a big outing from K Hunt against his former team. He will want to impose himself in that midfield especially against Kerevi. Makes for good viewing.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
I don't have the same level of excitement of this game. I think the Tahs will win and I think it will be a pretty average game.

this was always going to be a tough start to the season for the Reds and it just got harder with the Sunwolves' form.

We are a legitimate bottom of the table squad.

And yet if we play like we did in our first game we are more than contenders. The Reds really need to step beyond “plucky losers”.

Even if it is a poor start to the season, Thorn IS building something. I sure as hell don’t like many of the Thorn ramifications, but fans need to get on the train. There will be pain. But the club is a vector, a force with direction.

AAAAnd we might might just take the Tahs. This week. Reds by 3 with Kerevi busting a Hunt tackle on the line 3 mins into extra time.

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
I don't have the same level of excitement of this game. I think the Tahs will win and I think it will be a pretty average game.

this was always going to be a tough start to the season for the Reds and it just got harder with the Sunwolves' form.

We are a legitimate bottom of the table squad.
I wonder if we are last in the conference and Hunt, QC (Quade Cooper) and Slipper play well all season if questions will be asked about Thorns position.

Silverado

Dick Tooth (41)
I wonder if we are last in the conference and Hunt, QC (Quade Cooper) and Slipper play well all season if questions will be asked about Thorns position.
Especially QC (Quade Cooper). The other 2 forced thorns hand, but I still don't know what What Quade did. He's been playing very well in s position that the Reds haven't exactly been setting the world on fire yet

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
QC (Quade Cooper) is the only controversial one, i reckon.

Drug related issues are pretty understandable.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
D09SyA8VYAAf-ln.jpg:large

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
JP Smith and Higgers to start. ASY (Angus Scott-Young) to the bench.

Hegarty into 10, Isaac Lucas at fullback, Paia'aua to 12, Kerevi to 13 and Hamish Stewart on the bench.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Let's hope we see Higginbum playing like a real 8, not like a would-be winger. Up the guts, where the going is tough, not dancing around out on the fringes.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
^^^
Beale to fullback is good news for my fantasy draft.

If you took the reds forwards and stuck them in-front of the Tahs backs you'd have one half decent team.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I reckon that's the best team the Tahs have available and certainly the best they've named this season.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I dont know why he bothers naming Mason on the bench, he'll be lucky to get 5 minutes.

Hopefully the situation arises where he gets more of a crack. Preferably it will be when the Tahs are cruising with 20 minutes to go, not when they're getting flogged and you may as well give them a run.

The first two games haven't really presented that opportunity.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Not a fan of that Reds team at all. JP Smith's inclusion is the only positive.

If Stewart was dropped because of his performance at flyhalf, then they could have least let him play flyhalf first.

That's our slowest backrow we could have picked and our weakest defesnive combo in the centres.

Two lazy wingers and a rookie (albeit talented) small human as a fullback. Cross field kicks to Izzy all day long.

If the Tahs don't tear us a new one, then they are a laughing stock of a team.