• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Round 4: Rebels v Brumbies - Fri 8th @7:45pm

louie

Desmond Connor (43)
I've seen some bad ref performances in my time but this second half takes the cake. Evening up from the two yellows in the first half. Unprofessional.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I had a feeling that was going to happen....... the Rebels always looked better with the ball in that first half, and once they stopped coughing it up and giving away penalties they were clearly the much better team.

AAA going off injured with Pocock subbed at the same time did not work out well for the Brumbies.

louie

Desmond Connor (43)
Wonderful enthusiasm from the Rebels. Loved how aggressive they were and how they kept pushing the offside line. Reminded me of Sydney Uni in their prime. Great to See.

Brumbies. Shocking. The so-called improve are just hyperbole. Season over. Sack them all.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Unfortunately the Brumbies supposedly new attacking style that started at the end of last year isn't anywhere to be seen..............

Some of the skills on display in the backs were woeful.

I can't really fault any of the Brumbies starting pack in that performance, and Samu as always is terrific off the bench.

Mann-Rea though might finally be past it......... time to give McInerney a go off the bench.

But the backline is letting the team down.......... again.

Poor passing, poor kicking, not contesting contestable kicks, and the defence has really dropped off.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Well Done Rebels.. Brumbies shouldnt have lost that, turning point was when the Brumbies up 19 - 8 on attack ref gets in the way of Powell he has to dance around him and throw a pass to Sio unsighted that was dropped. Rebel's down the field for a try...

Well Rugby a tough game, onwards to next week.. Lets go Brumbies.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Well Done Rebels.. Brumbies shouldnt have lost that, turning point was when the Brumbies up 19 - 8 on attack ref gets in the way of Powell he has to dance around him and throw a pass to Sio unsighted that was dropped. Rebel's down the field for a try.

Well Rugby a tough game, onwards to next week.. Lets go Brumbies.

It was poor positioning of the ref in that instance, and it killed the momentum the Brumbies had...........

Still, Powell probably should've just thrown in into him and forced a scrum rather than go for the risky pass over the top, which led to the turnover.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
It was poor positioning of the ref in that instance, and it killed the momentum the Brumbies had.....

Still, Powell probably should've just thrown in into him and forced a scrum rather than go for the risky pass over the top, which led to the turnover.

Yeah 100 percent, just toss it into him, although dropping it from the second half kick off wasn't the greatest second half start..