• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Round 4 : Rebels v Reds. Friday Night (Melbourne)

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Only got any pay from one of them though.

yes one penalty. A second where the ref call was “both down at the same time” but the reason was Tavai. Also multiple scrums before those where Rebels dominant via tight head but Reds holding straight and not going up or down.

AFL_Converted

Billy Sheehan (19)
I don't think the rebels were necessarily really bad, the reds are playing very well the speed of movement and support play, particularly getting to the breakdown reminds me of the cantabs here last year.

Reds in a totally different class and can see how they took the chiefs last week.

HogansHeros

Syd Malcolm (24)
Tbh i don't think for the most part the Rebels have played poorly, their defensive effort is nothing to be ashamed of. They have put on good shots and made the Reds put together lots of phases. The Reds have just been a level above tonight, barely a mistake made. Tate is looking really good.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
yes one penalty. A second where the ref call was “both down at the same time” but the reason was Tavai. Also multiple scrums before those where Rebels dominant via tight head but Reds holding straight and not going up or down.
That's it though, there's no value in dominance you can't get pay from. Leaving at 33 means they'll struggle to cement it and Talakai will likely be blowing too by the end of the game. It might be ok for a guy on half of Nela's salary, but there just isn't the money or cap space in the game to pay so much for so little.

AFL_Converted

Billy Sheehan (19)
Tbh i don't think for the most part the Rebels have played poorly, their defensive effort is nothing to be ashamed of. They have put on good shots and made the Reds put together lots of phases. The Reds have just been a level above tonight, barely a mistake made. Tate is looking really good.
Snap

HogansHeros

Syd Malcolm (24)
Agree re: Nela comments. Looks like he could lose 20kg or so. Similar to what Skelton did when he went overseas, so that he was actually useful around the park. Nela did look good in the scrums, but other than 1 turn over has certainly been MIA. Has been disappointing for the amount of potential the bloke has, hopefully gets the right team around him so that he can fulfil it.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Does not look like a happy group in the Rebels sheds, going to need one of there leaders to really step up here and get them going or it'll be ugly