• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Round 4: Western Force v Moana Pasifika 15/03/2024

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Donaldson and Burey have both been excellent at 10 and 15 this year. I wouldn’t be throwing the baby out with the bath water just yet.
I might be tempted to swap them though, I think they might get more out of them that way. Tough call to make though given Donaldson is going well at 10.

Hogan

Peter Burge (5)
I might be tempted to swap them though, I think they might get more out of them that way. Tough call to make though given Donaldson is going well at 10.
Donaldson has been in terrific form…not sure why you’d want to switch them.

The team’s problems don’t lie with their backline although they could do with more depth particularly on the wings. Obviously they are really struggling in the forwards and as we all know, if the forwards don’t lay a platform for the backs at both set piece and in attack, then they are always going to struggle to be competitive.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Donaldson has been in terrific form…not sure why you’d want to switch them.

The team’s problems don’t lie with their backline although they could do with more depth particularly on the wings. Obviously they are really struggling in the forwards and as we all know, if the forwards don’t lay a platform for the backs at both set piece and in attack, then they are always going to struggle to be competitive.
Mostly because I think Donaldson is a better 15 than Burey and Burey still looked good at 10 last year. I do agree it's a gamble moving Donaldson out of 10 when he's doing well though.

As far as the teams issues go, they are both backs and forwards. Yes the forwards are not getting the job done at set piece at ruck and that is making it hard for the backline to attack, but the exits and positional play haven't been great from the backs either. Things like Potter not getting his timing right in aerial contests is also really hurting their chances, even though he's otherwise playing relatively well.