• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Round 5: Brumbies v Moana Pasifika. Fri 7.35PM AEDT @ GIO Stadium

stillmissit

Chilla Wilson (44)
His done well, his a pretty unique backrower, not sure there's another player I'd compare him to in Oz rugby at the moment.
We have had 2 great 8's since I started watching in 1975, Loane and Ofahengaue. He could be the 3rd, he's fast enough, big enough and skilled enough. Let's see how he goes over the next couple of years. With Bobbie at 6, Cale at 8 and McRight 7 we could have an amazing backrow.
I still think Wright as a big 7 might get a bench spot.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
We have had 2 great 8's since I started watching in 1975, Loane and Ofahengaue. He could be the 3rd, he's fast enough, big enough and skilled enough. Let's see how he goes over the next couple of years. With Bobbie at 6, Cale at 8 and McRight 7 we could have an amazing backrow.
I still think Wright as a big 7 might get a bench spot.

Hate to break it to you. Willie O started 6 tests at No 8. Can't be considered a great 8 I reckon. He's definately one of the top flankers that I've seen play. But Isi Naisirani has started more tests at 8 than Wilie O.

Toutai Kefu on the other hand...or the best 8 I have seen - Tim Gavin...legends

Marce

John Thornett (49)
It's nice to see some Wallabies and potential Wallabies raising their levels. That's what RA needs

wamberal99

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Agree Reg, although for me it's Loane, then Gavin then Kefu, although that might be an attempt not to show bias, as I know Tim Gavin..
Nice to see a mention of Gavin. Has to be the unluckiest Wallaby of all time with injuries at the wrong time. Harry Wilson's mentor.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Getting back to players who actually appeared in this game, best for the Brumbies were :

Tom Wright - best No 15 performance of the year by an Aussie,
Charlie Cale - got all the skills and pace to burn and knows how to use them all,
Noah Lolesio - didn't know he had that game in him, attacking the line and setting up play,
Corey Toole - improving his defence and always a threat in attack,
Jahrome Brown - a physical No 7 performance,
Rob Valetini - great ball carries and hits extra hard in defence - the usual,
Darcy Swain - good captains knock.

No-one played poorly or ordinary. Mentions to Harry Vella on his debut, Harrison Goddard for his fast accurate service and Hudson Creighton for filling in for Len Ikitau in good fashion.

Marce

John Thornett (49)
Getting back to players who actually appeared in this game, best for the Brumbies were :

Tom Wright - best No 15 performance of the year by an Aussie,
Charlie Cale - got all the skills and pace to burn and knows how to use them all,
Noah Lolesio - didn't know he had that game in him, attacking the line and setting up play,
Corey Toole - improving his defence and always a threat in attack,
Jahrome Brown - a physical No 7 performance,
Rob Valetini - great ball carries and hits extra hard in defence - the usual,
Darcy Swain - good captains knock.

No-one played poorly or ordinary. Mentions to Harry Vella on his debut, Harrison Goddard for his fast accurate service and Hudson Creighton for filling in for Len Ikitau in good fashion.
What about Ollie Sapsford? Isn't he fast enough to play at the wing?

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
What about Ollie Sapsford? Isn't he fast enough to play at the wing?
As I said, no-one played poorly. Sapsford, Pollard and the others not mentioned all had good games and it all came together in clearly the Brumbies best outing this year.

Next week should be a cracker but at home and in top form, the Reds must be favourites to win.

drewprint

John Solomon (38)
As I said, no-one played poorly. Sapsford, Pollard and the others not mentioned all had good games and it all came together in clearly the Brumbies best outing this year.

Next week should be a cracker but at home and in top form, the Reds must be favourites to win.

We’ll see how the Reds go tonight over in Perth before we assess top form ahead of the Brumbies clash. They should win, but you never know.

This was a really fun game to watch, great to see the Brumbies beginning to click. The more performing Aus teams the better.

Following on from my post earlier in the week re: Pollard, I watched him closely in this match. Agree with your assessment BR, he is good and busy, but def needs to keep refining his throwing, looked a bit shaky there at times. I’ve got high hopes for him.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
^^^^^^ Drewprint, Billy Pollard is going good and it's pleasing to see he's putting a bit more height into his lineout throwing. Not so many being won by the opposition at 2nd jumper lately. Also great to see Cale jumping there for the Brumbies. He seems to be a top notch lineout operator. It is a close call between Pollard and Lonergan for the starting hooker spot atm.