• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Round 5: Hurricanes v Rebels - Friday 22/3 - 5pm AEDT

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Much as I want to say they will, I think you will find Canes will rest a few this week, so maybe a little vunerable. I guessing in backline, Love,,Roigard, Cameron and amaybe Proctor and Nahola must be getting close to rests,forwards, I would think Lomax, Aumua at leats will be looking at rest.
Shields is hoping to be back is the whisper , and I think Kirifi will satrt, so not all bad.
But tomorrow night they might make me look a monkey and name full strength team! :rolleyes:

Wilson

David Codey (61)
HURRICANES (1-15): Pouri Rakete-Stones, James O'Reilly, Tyrel Lomax, Justin Sangster, Caleb Delany, Brad Shields (c), Du’Plessis Kirifi, Devan Flanders, TJ Perenara, Aidan Morgan, Salesi Rayasi, Jordie Barrett, Ngane Punivai, Daniel Sinkinson, Harry Godfrey

RESERVES: Asafo Aumua, Tevita Mafileo, Pasilio Tosi, James Tucker, Brayden Iose, Richard Judd, Riley Higgins, Josh Moorby

REBELS (1-15): Isaac Kailea, Jordan Uelese, Sam Talakai, Angelo Smith, Lukhan Salakaia-Loto, Tuaina Taii Tualima, Vaiolini Ekuasi, Rob Leota (c), Ryan Louwrens, Carter Gordon, Glen Vaihu, David Feliuai, Lukas Ripley, Lachie Anderson, Andrew Kellaway

RESERVES: Alex Mafi, Cabous Eloff, Taniela Tupou, Josh Canham, Daniel Maiava, Jack Maunder, Mason Gordon, Nick Jooste

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Big calls. I like the starting forwards. Backline will cause defensive and handling headaches (for us, not for the Canes)

Wilson

David Codey (61)
A bit of rest and rotation from the Cane's there, but it still looks like a very strong side.

A lot more rotation from the Rebels with half the starting pack swapped out. Gibbon and Kemeny very unlucky to be dropped entirely unless they're injured.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
A bit of rest and rotation from the Cane's there, but it still looks like a very strong side.

A lot more rotation from the Rebels with half the starting pack swapped out. Gibbon and Kemeny very unlucky to be dropped entirely unless they're injured.
Kev flagged big changes. Not sure what Gibbo did wrong having watched in person behind the posts, but obviously got dragged alongside Taniela (did he pull out of a contest or walk back during a scramble or something) so fair cop. Kems clearly picked up a big knock at some point and looked very uncomfortable before Tualima replaced him.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Kev flagged big changes. Not sure what Gibbo did wrong having watched in person behind the posts, but obviously got dragged alongside Taniela (did he pull out of a contest or walk back during a scramble or something) so fair cop. Kems clearly picked up a big knock at some point and looked very uncomfortable before Tualima replaced him.
Yeah, I have to assume Kemeny is in someway injured because it seemed crazy enough to pull at halftime last week, even worse to leave him out entirely this week. Either way I don't think this is going to help the Rebels get their breakdown work right, particularly not with Kirifi out there for the Canes.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Good bench for the forwards, starting backs without Proctor or Daugunu look very ordinary. Ripley's not ready, Anderson's been garbage, Vaihu not quite there yet either. What's the news on Proctor?

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Good bench for the forwards, starting backs without Proctor or Daugunu look very ordinary. Ripley's not ready, Anderson's been garbage, Vaihu not quite there yet either. What's the news on Proctor?

I think another few weeks. Was 4 weeks from force match.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I was guessing a lot of Canes would get rested, one or 2 more than I thought, but quite happy with how it's turned out. Interested to see how Punavai goes at 13, and perhaps only slight disappointment is that Vijoen not on bench, kid plays for Manawatu so thought we would get a run.
By geez we got some loosies, rest Lakai, Howden and Iose to bench and still a pretty reasonable trio. Thought Moorby might start at 15, but really happy to see young Godfrey gievn the start, seem to recall him playing when I went down to Palmerston last year too!

Scooter

John Solomon (38)
Happy to see "he of the pink buddy smugglers / undies" back. The big Cabous.

A potential debut for Mason Gordon.

Re: Kemeny do I remember correctly that he stayed down for a while after being tackled at one stage with some sort of leg issue?

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Hurricanes picking up where the Reds left off. Rebels defence entirely absent, particularly around the seams.