• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Round 5 : Reds v Force, Suncorp Stadium, 20 March 6.45

Forced

Frank Row (1)
Too right Kevin! Not getting the sneering & slander aimed at the Force. Seems to be from very petulant & ignorant keyboard warriors. We knew the 1st year was a big developing learning curve. Virtually having to start from scratch, the Force HQ are aiming at a long term plan to build a solid base, so if the results may not ‘yet’ be happening, I dont get all the hate. Makes me wonder if maybe the Force would be better off away from Super Rugby after all, Or more likely there’s sour grapes that the Force are doing it right & not being hamstrung by Clyne & RA any more. The only way now is up.

Boof1050

Bill Watson (15)
As frustrating as it is at times having the older players in the team, they have certainly attracted a few expats Irish, kiwis, Argies etc to the home games who would probably not have been interested in going to see the young blokes play, who half of us wouldn't even know their names, so from a marketing standpoint its actually not a bad ploy. Its gonna take time to build the club back up again. And like someone pointed out the reds haven't exactly capitalised on their strong supply of rugby players over the years.
Now if the Force are still shit in 3 years time well then thats a different kettle of fish.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Jesus, reading some of the cr*p on here about the Force is frustrating.

I get it, you're from Queensland or NSW where you're lucky enough to have a 150 odd year tradition of rugby and the production line of players and schools talent that comes with that.

Instead of being negative and slandering fledgling teams maybe you'd prefer to just got back to playing NSW v QLD a few times a year and jerking yourselves off over your school ties.

The game needs to be succesful nationally. AFL and NRL are accelerating fast away from Union and we're in real danger of the game failing here in Australia and all our best players buggering off overseas.

The ONLY way to fix this is to have viable alternatives to QLD and NSW and to develop talent from states outside these two. This is ultimately good.

What the Force have achieved despite the obstacles should be applauded not sneered at.

I had a reality check last week with the performance against the Rebels and yes we've got a load of over 30's and overseas imports. We're going to take a while to get there.

But you know what? We have a fully professional team in the West. We're relatively competitive. We have a plan for the future. We have huge passionate membership. We fill our stadium. The players care about the team.

Twiggy could buy up half the young talent in QLD and NSW and we could have a squad of young Australian talent but we learnt lessons from last time.

Give us a break. Back the team. Super Rugby AU would be less interesting with just four teams.

We are so goddamn delighted to have a team here in the west. We know it's not perfect but we're working hard to make the best of a difficult situation.

Show some respect for the effort and passion.

This. x plenty.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
You'll have to do it though, BR. probably deserve the home final at that point. But the proof is with Brumbies at the moment, whether Reds win a single bonus point.

Nice, eh?

Certainly makes for an interesting competition, even if limited to only 5 teams.

Reactions: dru

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Certainly makes for an interesting competition, even if limited to only 5 teams.

To be fair - Brumbies back row ran over the Reds, who made the come back on the basis of a scrum against a third tier Brumby front row and a calm organising skipper. You wouldn't think that the Red bench superiority will be so lucky next time. The rest of it was just close. Even with the "superiority" it was two points.

So ideally Reds do definitely want a few bonus points on the way through.

Expect to meet a few times agains this year - as McKellar said.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Jesus, reading some of the cr*p on here about the Force is frustrating.

I get it, you're from Queensland or NSW where you're lucky enough to have a 150 odd year tradition of rugby and the production line of players and schools talent that comes with that.

Instead of being negative and slandering fledgling teams maybe you'd prefer to just got back to playing NSW v QLD a few times a year and jerking yourselves off over your school ties.

The game needs to be succesful nationally. AFL and NRL are accelerating fast away from Union and we're in real danger of the game failing here in Australia and all our best players buggering off overseas.

The ONLY way to fix this is to have viable alternatives to QLD and NSW and to develop talent from states outside these two. This is ultimately good.

What the Force have achieved despite the obstacles should be applauded not sneered at.

I had a reality check last week with the performance against the Rebels and yes we've got a load of over 30's and overseas imports. We're going to take a while to get there.

But you know what? We have a fully professional team in the West. We're relatively competitive. We have a plan for the future. We have huge passionate membership. We fill our stadium. The players care about the team.

Twiggy could buy up half the young talent in QLD and NSW and we could have a squad of young Australian talent but we learnt lessons from last time.

Give us a break. Back the team. Super Rugby AU would be less interesting with just four teams.

We are so goddamn delighted to have a team here in the west. We know it's not perfect but we're working hard to make the best of a difficult situation.

Show some respect for the effort and passion.

I don’t think the comments of a few are a reflection of the majority, don’t assume it’s a general sentiment.

Force assembled a competitive roster in a very short window without plundering the existing teams, i have admiration for that, their improved competitiveness benefits all the other teams in the comp and the fans.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Judging by the comments of a few Reds fans about the Force they'd better win by plenty. I mean imaging losing to a hopeless bunch of old farts who can't get a gig elsewhere. I think this Reds team is a fantastic side and very exciting, but I will have SOOOOOO much schadenfreude if we win this game.

Kevin77

Fred Wood (13)
Judging by the comments of a few Reds fans about the Force they'd better win by plenty. I mean imaging losing to a hopeless bunch of old farts who can't get a gig elsewhere. I think this Reds team is a fantastic side and very exciting, but I will have SOOOOOO much schadenfreude if we win this game.

I'm not confident.
Although there's always a chance.
McIntyre getting written off unfairly.
Our tight five is as good as anyone's.
Just need 9 & 10 to have a good game and not let the game get too loose.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member

really? But their exquisite high performance program? Their savvy recruitment (which apparently is a good marketing exercise?), whatever Hodgo brings to it all? The good Doctor? I'll be pleased with a last minute ugly win.

dru

Tim Horan (67)

Haha! Hey Brown, we're not all dickheads and some of us like the Force. I think you'll be lucky to go within 20. But that won't stop my enthusiasm for the west.

And if you do better? Well fair enough. Crack on Force!

[Reds by 20] :eek:

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
really? But their exquisite high performance program? Their savvy recruitment (which apparently is a good marketing exercise?), whatever Hodgo brings to it all? The good Doctor? I'll be pleased with a last minute ugly win.

You're arguing with the wrong guy Reg.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Haha! Hey Brown, we're not all dickheads and some of us like the Force. I think you'll be lucky to go within 20. But that won't stop my enthusiasm for the west.

And if you do better? Well fair enough. Crack on Force!

[Reds by 20] :eek:

It's all good mate, I was just returning serve ;-)

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
It’s going to be bloody wet. Force clear favourites on the back of the wet weather experience of the likes of Kearney, Kahui and Thrush.