• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Round 5 : Reds v Force, Suncorp Stadium, 20 March 6.45

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
The force weren’t allowing a contest, another rule that shits me and happens all the time, coming straight over the ball every ruck so McReight gets called out of it before any Reds players can make a play.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Well that was a lot harder than it should have been. Force will feel they should have gone closer.

I still can't fathom what happened in the back line when Paisami came off for Hegarty. Got me stuffed.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
That was a great game of footy - force came of age - not much difference between top 4 sides at the moment

Great advert for the game

Yeah absolutely, whilst there were a number of errors, the level of competitiveness between the teams this year is really impressive, how many games have gone down to the last few minutes. That kind of excitement is great for keeping fans engaged.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
Yeah absolutely, whilst there were a number of errors, the level of competitiveness between the teams this year is really impressive, how many games have gone down to the last few minutes. That kind of excitement is great for keeping fans engaged.

If only we could get the Tahs somewhere close. Enjoyed that.

The Forcefield

Frank Row (1)
Wow. Some key moments like kicking dead when you have a penalty line out coming up. Not scoring a try just before half time. But a great game from the Force. They are starting to gel rather than being a rag tag bunch of marquee players. They can only get better. Reds weren’t bad, the Force were just very good. Shows that the Rebels v Force game wasn’t as poor quality as it seemed at the time last weekend. The Force are just getting more and more competitive.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)

Also some really good footy at times which made me less labour on the errors - petatia to me is now back in box seat for 13 as he was an absolute talent in attack and defence and did things that showed X factor

Ignoto

Greg Davis (50)
Force played amazing, really upset the Reds in attack.

Taniela is head and shoulders the best prop in Australia, AAA may be a better scrummager, but Nela's work rate across the 80 constantly impresses me.

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
Good close contest. Force have plenty of ticker. However the use of the bench from Thorn was very strange, basically significantly weakened the team with the decisions made

Reactions: dru

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Good close contest. Force have plenty of ticker. However the use of the bench from Thorn was very strange, basically significantly weakened the team with the decisions made

I think he might have done that to give Hegarty some game time at 10 to have depth behind JOC (James O'Connor), but also manage Paisamis workload. Similar to what they did with Tupou in Rd 1 & 2.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
I think he might have done that to give Hegarty some game time at 10 to have depth behind JOC (James O'Connor), but also manage Paisamis workload. Similar to what they did with Tupou in Rd 1 & 2.

From this side of the telly it was weird.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Force played amazing, really upset the Reds in attack.

Taniela is head and shoulders the best prop in Australia, AAA may be a better scrummager, but Nela's work rate across the 80 constantly impresses me.

His not heads and shoulders above AAA.. They are probably two best THP in the world.. different players but AAA locks it down. Reds win but not clicking.. loving the games can't wait for next week..