• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Round 7: Brumbies v Waratahs, Sat 6th 7.35PM AEDT @ GIO Stadium

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
At the risk of being accused of wearing blue tinted glasses, we do tend to lift for this fixture. I'm not expecting us to win but we won't get done by 40 either. I'd be starting Harrison & Foketi and sending Pietsch back to club for a few weeks, he mightn't even make 1st grade after that U15C's play on Friday. Put Walton on his wing, or Reilly.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
At the risk of being accused of wearing blue tinted glasses, we do tend to lift for this fixture. I'm not expecting us to win but we won't get done by 40 either. I'd be starting Harrison & Foketi and sending Pietsch back to club for a few weeks, he mightn't even make 1st grade after that U15C's play on Friday. Put Walton on his wing, or Reilly.
We do tend to lift (2020 onwards excepted) when the game is in Sydney. But I think I am right in saying that we have only won once in Canberra in the last ten years or so and we are usually on the end of an almighty thrashing. So I disagree that we usually lift for this fixture. In 2014, the year we won the comp, we still got beaten comprehensively when we played in Canberra. I can't find the records, but I think our Canberra record is worse than our Christchurch record, and that is pretty bad!

Forty points start might just even it up, but our front row scrummaging woes mean that we will probably concede four or five penalty tries. Add in that the forecast for rain on Friday and Saturday is 25-50 mm. That is fouler weather than usual and all the omens are for the usual Brumbies win by heaps. If we get within 20 I'll clock it up as a win.

Froggy

John Solomon (38)
Front row will depend on who's available. Porecki and Bell back and we shouldn't be in too much trouble.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Front row will depend on who's available. Porecki and Bell back and we shouldn't be in too much trouble.
Bell is touch and go and it sounds like Porecki is still a couple of weeks off - probably not until after the bye. Vailanu likely out with a hamstring issue too.

Conversely I think there's a chance Ala'alatoa is back for the Brumbies. I haven't seen a recent update but I understand he was targeting about this time.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Bell is touch and go and it sounds like Porecki is still a couple of weeks off - probably not until after the bye. Vailanu likely out with a hamstring issue too.

Conversely I think there's a chance Ala'alatoa is back for the Brumbies. I haven't seen a recent update but I understand he was targeting about this time.
I'm available. I've never played in the front row and I'm >50, but I'll give it a crack. Nothing to lose.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Reilly is no better at finishing IMO.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
1. Loosehead Prop - Angus Bell (Sydney University)

2. Hooker - Julian Heaven (Eastern Suburbs)

3. Tighthead Prop - Harry Johnson-Holmes (Sydney University)

4. Left Lock - Jed Holloway (Southern Districts)

5. Right Lock - Fergus Lee-Warner (Eastern Suburbs)

6. Left Flanker - Lachlan Swinton (Sydney University)

7. Right Flanker - Charlie Gamble (Eastern Suburbs)

8. Number 8 - Hugh Sinclair (Northern Suburbs)

9. Scrumhalf - Jake Gordon © (Sydney University)

10. Flyhalf - Tane Edmed (Eastwood)

11. Left Wing - Dylan Pietsch (Randwick)

12. Inside Centre - Lalakai Foketi (Manly)

13. Outside Centre - Joey Walton (Gordon)

14. Right Wing - Mark Nawaqanitawase (Eastwood)

15. Fullback - Max Jorgensen (Randwick)

16. Reserve - Theo Fourie (Randwick)

17. Reserve - Hayden Thompson-Stringer (Manly)

18. Reserve - Tom Ross (Northern Suburbs)

19. Reserve - Miles Amatosero (Eastern Suburbs)

20. Reserve - Sione Misiloi (Randwick)

21. Reserve - Teddy Wilson (Eastern Suburbs)

22. Reserve - Will Harrison (Randwick)

23. Reserve - Izaia Perese (Randwick)

Players unavailable for selection:

Players unavailable for selection:

• David Porecki - Achillies (TBC)
  • Thomas Lambert - Knee (Season)
  • Archer Holz - Shoulder (TBC)
  • Mesu Kunavula – Knee (Season)
  • Ned Slack-Smith - Concussion (TBC)
  • Daniel Botha - Neck (TBC)
  • Mahe Vailanu - Knee (Season)
  • Langi Gleeson - Concussion protocols (Round 8+)
  • Jack Grant - Concussion protocols (Round 8+)
  • Ned Hanigan - Knee (Round 8)

Losing Mahe Vailanu for the rest of the year is a gut punch to an already dreadful season.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
BRUMBIES (1-15): James Slipper, Billy Pollard, Sefo Kautai, Darcy Swain, Nick Frost, Rob Valetini, Tom Hooper, Charlie Cale, Ryan Lonergan (c), Noah Lolesio, Corey Toole, Tamati Tua, Hudson Creighton, Ollie Sapsford, Tom Wright

RESERVES: Connal McInerney, Fred Kaihea, Rhys Van Nek, Cadeyrn Neville, Luke Reimer, Harrison Goddard, Jack Debreczeni, Declan Meredith