• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Round 7: Brumbies v Waratahs, Sat 6th 7.35PM AEDT @ GIO Stadium

Rob42

John Solomon (38)
Why can’t Coleman send a message to players like Pietsch and Edmed who stuff up the forward pack has been pretty decent but some of the backs need to go to the bench or Shute shield for a few weeks
Because Pietsch made one glaring error, but is otherwise has a very high workrate and is always solid. Same for Edmed, as others have pointed out here, the game plan doesn't seem to play to his strengths. Harrison should be given some decent time off the bench, but he won't work miracles either.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Why can’t Coleman send a message to players like Pietsch and Edmed who stuff up the forward pack has been pretty decent but some of the backs need to go to the bench or Shute shield for a few weeks

Probably comes down to ready replacements. The drop off between the fulltime professionals and club footy is stark

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Because Pietsch made one glaring error, but is otherwise has a very high workrate and is always solid. Same for Edmed, as others have pointed out here, the game plan doesn't seem to play to his strengths. Harrison should be given some decent time off the bench, but he won't work miracles either.

The "error" was being run down by someone running faster

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Been raining steadily all night and lots of water pooling on the ground. If it turns into a wet, muddy slog, this could go either way.

Yoda

Watty Friend (18)
Wrong. The error was choosing to attempt the finish when he had one defender to consider and two support runners.
Not even an in and away, a jink or even a goose step to put Gordon off…. Where are those great winger skills now?

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Actually, I am not as harsh on Pietsch as some of the posters here. By the time he was being challenged by Gordon, he had outrun his supports. They were both over 5m behind in my book and were not in a position to take a pass. In the split second Pietsch had to make a decsision he probably thought he would beat CG to the tryline. It was an excellent bit of cover defence by CG and should not be down played.

Yoda

Watty Friend (18)
Actually, I am not as harsh on Pietsch as some of the posters here. By the time he was being challenged by Gordon, he had outrun his supports. They were both over 5m behind in my book and were not in a position to take a pass. In the split second Pietsch had to make a decsision he probably thought he would beat CG to the tryline. It was an excellent bit of cover defence by CG and should not be down played.
Yes… you’re right on Toole. Also agree his supports were too far back. Pietsch could have slowed down a touch and sped up again, as I said tried and in and away…. Something to put Gordon off…

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
How do you do fellow Waratahs supporters. We need these flowery cnts to perform and continue fighting the good fight as the rearguard against the Evil Empire lurking at 11th.