• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Round 7: Rebels v Bye

Status
Not open for further replies.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I don't understand how it's necessary for anyone to get two byes in the first seven Rounds of the comp & would be interested to know if it's ever happened before.

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
I don't understand how it's necessary for anyone to get two byes in the first seven Rounds of the comp & would be interested to know if it's ever happened before.

Honestly as shit as the Rebels have been, this is part of the frustration that people are ignoring. 2 byes in the first 7 weeks, that's just ridiculous.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member

The closest I can remember was in 2015 the Waratahs had both their byes by Round 8

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Another prime example of the ridiculous arse-about nature of the super comp. It's an anachronism and throwback and a disgrace to the fans who expect a professional product and competition. Rugby's greatest weakness has been its inability to transform and adapt to the professional era. Shits me no end. On one hand you can argue that the draw is a meritocracy, in that the worse teams get boned, but this in itself is yet another example of the preference given to some at the expense of others.

I'm real mad and nude about this today, ask me anything.

Screen%20Shot%202016-06-08%20at%204_30_31%20PM.png

Rock Lobster

Larry Dwyer (12)
One thing this highlights, and call me crazy if you like, but the Rebels could still win the Aussie conference. They have one more game against a kiwi side while the Brumbies, Tahs & Reds all have 3 to go. Going on current trends none of the Aussie sides will beat a kiwi side so the Rebels already have most of that pain out of the way. If they can somehow scrape a win together against the Brumbies next game, get some confidence and some injured players back, a bit of momentum with their byes out of the way and anything could happen. Long shot I know and they would need to make some drastic improvements but stranger things have happened.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
One thing this highlights, and call me crazy if you like, but the Rebels could still win the Aussie conference. They have one more game against a kiwi side while the Brumbies, Tahs & Reds all have 3 to go. Going on current trends none of the Aussie sides will beat a kiwi side so the Rebels already have most of that pain out of the way. If they can somehow scrape a win together against the Brumbies next game, get some confidence and some injured players back, a bit of momentum with their byes out of the way and anything could happen. Long shot I know and they would need to make some drastic improvements but stranger things have happened.

501/1 odds on that prediction, I do agree the worst of the season is behind the Rebels. A win against the Brumbies and two good performances in SA and they could be right back into the group. After all they should be able to beat the Kings, Sharks have not been impressive from the little bit I have seen.

Lions 2nd game on tour is always a risk, or they could rest players on tour like last year.

Mr Pilfer

Bob Loudon (25)
2 byes in the first 8 rounds is a joke.
Likewise the Force having 1 home game in the first 7 rounds is also a joke. Their season is done before they even get a chance.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Well I expect the Rebels to play with the same vigour as they did last week against the Clan!

The torpedo

Peter Fenwicke (45)
who won ?

Rebels pulled off the comeback to win 30-28. Hodge scored 3 tries, 3 conversions, 2 penalties and a drop goal from 45m out 5 minutes into injury time to win (considering they were on their own goal line when Jordy Reid got the turnover)

Hodge, Reid, English the standouts

Status
Not open for further replies.