• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Round 9: Force vs Crusaders: HBF Park, Perth: Saturday 20th April

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Not since the very first edition of Super Rugby have we seen the Crusaders amongst the cellar dwellers by round 9. Will home ground advantage pay off? Will the travel impact the visiting team? Will the Crusaders be stone motherless last by next week? Have I been alien-transferred to an alternate universe?

Last week the Crusaders looked the goods till the last few minutes. A month ago the Force beat the Reds. That's about the end of the positives, so who will triumph on Saturday?

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Force have to win this. They can win it but they need to blow the Saders off the park from the start and not stop for 80 mins. Saders really do look off the pace at the moment.
Hopefully the 'Saders overthink it and blow it. Poor Levi thought his days of being in the basement were over with the move from Moana. But nup, first year ever of the deathstar being shit.

Crashy

Arch Winning (36)
you'd have to think the Force at home will get up. Be interesting to see where Beale fits in. With donno and Nick white - thats a decent back line.

chiraag

Larry Dwyer (12)
Recent injury update from the Force suggested Rodda, Williams, Wagner, Amone and Hoopert should be back available for this game. If the majority of those happen, it should make a huge difference to our forward pack that has been struggling

drewprint

John Solomon (38)
I’m really hoping the Force turn up with the same marauding form like the did in the Reds match. They’re a real chance of taking this. Great if they get the above cattle back too.

Boof1050

Bill Watson (15)
you'd have to think the Force at home will get up. Be interesting to see where Beale fits in. With donno and Nick white - thats a decent back line.
Leave Beale out. At least give him time to get to know the lads. Besides we need someone who’s not a turnstile in defence.

Mr Pilfer

Bob Loudon (25)
Leave Beale out. At least give him time to get to know the lads. Besides we need someone who’s not a turnstile in defence.
Has he been assigned to a WA club side? Would be great to see him play 1 game there first but can't see it happening. There should definitely be a few squad players running around in first grade this week, bud depends on whether Cron has called them back (Poolman, O'Donnell, Leahy, etc). I get the impression he has a preference for them to play over East

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
a bit of a fuck you to Max, Kurtley straight into fullback with 20 minutes of training and two texts explaining the backline moves.

FORCE (1-15): Ryan Coxon, Tom Horton, Santiago Medrano, Sam Carter, Thomas Franklin, Will Harris, Carlo Tizzano, Reed Prinsep, Nic White (c), Ben Donaldson, Chase Tiatia, Hamish Stewart, Sam Spink, Bayley Kuenzle, Kurtley Beale

RESERVES: Ben Funnell, Marley Pearce, Tiaan Tauakipulu, Izack Rodda, Michael Wells, Issak Fines-Leleiwasa, Max Burey, Henry O’Donnell

CRUSADERS (1-15): Joe Moody, Brodie McAlister, Owen Franks, Quinten Strange, Jamie Hannah, Ethan Blackadder, Tom Christie (c), Christian Lio-Willie, Mitch Drummond, Riley Hohepa, Macca Springer, Dallas McLeod, Levi Aumua, Sevu Reece, Chay Fihaki

RESERVES: George Bell, George Bower, Fletcher Newell, Dominic Gardiner, Cullen Grace, Noah Hotham, Rivez Reihana, Ryan Crotty

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Rodda back is exciting. I hope the big fella can stay fit for the rest of the season because he's one of the best locks we have in this country.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
My Memory of Rodda is that he doesn't dominate in tackle situations and falls off too many for my liking. With ball in hand he mostly doesn't beat the first tackle and goes too easily to ground. He is a class lineout operator.

Hoping to be convinced he is more than just this now that he's back.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
My Memory of Rodda is that he doesn't dominate in tackle situations and falls off too many for my liking. With ball in hand he mostly doesn't beat the first tackle and goes too easily to ground. He is a class lineout operator.

Hoping to be convinced he is more than just this now that he's back.
Strong in the set piece with a high work rate. Definitely attributes the Force can use.