• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Round 9 : Reds v Highlanders

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Wednesday lunch and no thread up until now? Looks like confidence has been rocked.

Both teams need a win and neither inspiring much confidence at the moment but that can change quickly enough.

For me the Reds have had been making a lot of needless errors in all their games - even when they were running hot. Get rid of those, get the set peice right, clean up our breakdown and kick our goals. With Uru, McReight and McDermott out I think expect a bit more graft but that may not be an altogether bad thing.

Is Flook definitely out?

Great opportunity for Bryant, Thomas & Werchon.

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
Unfortunately, I have written up a thread as well. Trusting a moderator will remove it.
So below is what I wrote:
"No McDermott, no McReight, no Seru Uru (injury)... what chance of winning?
Probably quite a good chance actually.
Think of this as a mid-season rest period for the above players
Its time for the fringe players to step up.
Kalani Thomas/Louis Werchon for McDermott. Liam Wright to No 7 for McReight, with Joe Brial to No 6
and Angus Blyth for Uru at lock.
These replacement players could be just what the Reds need to freshen up the team. They will be full of enthusiasm
The weight of the forward pack will be heavier by approx. 17 kilograms.
Moana Pasifika had 9 changes from the previous week's side which was thumped 68-12 by the Chiefs.
Amazing what some changes can do."

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Home game for the Reds with the Highlanders on on the second game of a road trip which seems to have a dip for a lot of sides. I think the Reds are favourites.

Play for territory and win the set piece. Feassler to score a hattrick.

dillyboy

Nev Cottrell (35)
Teams out - looks good considering......

Screenshot_20240417_141509_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20240417_141524_Instagram.jpg

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
REDS (1-15): Alex Hodgman, Matt Faessler, Jeffery Toomaga-Allen, Cormac Daly, Ryan Smith, Liam Wright (c), John Bryant, Harry Wilson, Kalani Thomas, Tom Lynagh, Mac Grealy, Hunter Paisami, Jordan Petaia, Suli Vunivalu, Jock Campbell

RESERVES: Josh Nasser, Peni Ravai, Sef Fa'agase, Angus Blyth, Joe Brial, Louis Werchon, Lawson Creighton, Tim Ryan

HIGHLANDERS (1-15): Ethan de Groot, Ricky Jackson, Saula Ma'u, Hugo Pummer, Pari Pari Parkinson, Oliver Haig, Sean Withy, Billy Harmon (c), James Arscott, Cameron Millar, Jona Nareki, Sam Gilbert, Tanielu Tele'a, Timoci Tavatavanawai, Connor Garden-Bachop

RESERVES: Henry Bell, Daniel Lienert-Brown, Rohan Wingham, Will Stodart, Nikora Broughton, Folau Fakatava, Ajay Faleafaga, Jacob Ratumaitavuki-Kneepkens

Referee: Jordan Way

Assistant Referees: Nic Berry, Damon Murphy

Wilson

David Codey (61)
No Rhys Patchell makes the Highlanders a lot less threatening for mine, they haven't looked the same without him.

Anyone know what happened to him? It was reported he was rested for the Brumbies game a month ago but he hasn't been sighted since.

Sword of Justice

Vay Wilson (31)
That Reds team list surprises me with how strong it remains. Pinch points will be at 9 and the reserves obviously.

Kalani has an opportunity here to break out and potentially improve his career in the long run. McDermott has been the most crucial backline factor to wins in recent years above all else imo so the task is daunting.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^ hope they used a pic of actual ANZAC troops, wouldn't want a repeat of the loig debacle (forget which club) a season or two back...

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
The ANZAC jersey sucks ass though

Jersey with collars though

Bit scary how thin our back depth is now getting, with how injury prone JOC (James O'Connor) and Henry you can only imagine us looking at bringing someone in next year

LeCheese

Peter Johnson (47)
I'm assuming it's meant to be the dark khaki of the dress uniforms? Maybe the colour's just not coming across on my screen very well...

Edit: Missed the following in the press release. Fair enough and, again, can appreciate how much effort they've gone to to incorporate the specified elements, but it's just not clicking in my eyes.
The khaki is the same colour as the World War One battledress worn by the Australian infantry.

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
3 x medium jerseys left @$155 each on the Reds website.

I am not sold on the design, and especially at $155 each.

I would love this design on a training tee at $70 though, I wonder if they could sell more as tshirts to raise more money?

In the US they often have "salute the troops" weekends where you can get camo caps for your team at reasonable prices

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
3 x medium jerseys left @$155 each on the Reds website.

I am not sold on the design, and especially at $155 each.

I would love this design on a training tee at $70 though, I wonder if they could sell more as tshirts to raise more money?

In the US they often have "salute the troops" weekends where you can get camo caps for your team at reasonable prices

All sold out now.

Shows what I know! I didn't think it would be very popular as a fan purchase item.

I wonder how many they released.