• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Round 9 : Reds v Highlanders

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
I appreciate the significance and symbolism, but a baby poo brown sublimated fishing polo from BCF really ain't it.

it's khaki, the colour of the uniform worn by soldiers in WWI and also the colour of Army ceremonial uniforms still today, one I wore many times for a variety of reasons, including funerals, so it does hold a special meaning. Military uniforms are strongly influenced by tradition over fashion trends, hence why the stick with a color like khaki, because of what it represents.

Last edited:

Confucius Say

Nev Cottrell (35)
it's khaki, the colour of the uniform worn by soldiers in WWI and also the colour of Army ceremonial uniforms still today, one I wore many times for a variety of reasons, including funerals, so it does hold a special meaning. Military uniforms are strongly influenced by tradition over fashion trends, hence why the stick with a color like khaki, because of what it represents.
It’s radical compared to say, the Brumbies Anzac Day garb.

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
I’m heading to a rugby dinner next week where Kiss, McDermott and Wright are the guest speaker panel.

When we booked tickets the Reds were flying high.

Selfishly I really bloody hope we get a win tonight so the panel conversation isn’t going to be around how bad the season has turned.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
I’m heading to a rugby dinner next week where Kiss, McDermott and Wright are the guest speaker panel.

When we booked tickets the Reds were flying high.

Selfishly I really bloody hope we get a win tonight so the panel conversation isn’t going to be around how bad the season has turned.
Don’t feel selfish mate - I’m really hoping they win tonight so we aren’t talking next week about how bad the season turned too.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)

Jeez, i had to zoom in to figure out what was going on, why’s it so low, players will be tucking the image into their pants?

That’s disappointing for the Brumbies, especially given their Canberra based there’s no shortage of military history inspiration down there.

LeCheese

Peter Johnson (47)
Absolutely - apologies mate, no offence intended whatsoever. As I clarified in the next post, I missed that bit of the press release and the colour looked vastly different on my screen at the time.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Jeez, i had to zoom in to figure out what was going on, why’s it so low, players will be tucking the image into their pants?

That’s disappointing for the Brumbies, especially given their Canberra based there’s no shortage of military history inspiration down there.
Pete Samu is not with us this year.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Absolutely - apologies mate, no offence intended whatsoever. As I clarified in the next post, I missed that bit of the press release and the colour looked vastly different on my screen at the time.
Sorry just read your next reply, and it’s fine no one ever said khaki is a flattering color, which makes it hard to integrate into any design like this

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)

I have an absolute cracking Brumbies ANZAC day jersey from a while back; that one is... Meh..