• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Round 9 : Reds v Highlanders

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
Werchon was kicking a premiership winning field goal for Brothers reserve grade 2 years ago and wasn’t a locked in 1st grader (although I think he was in Reds academy)

What I'm hearing Phil is, after Louis moved from Brothers to West's he kicked up a gear. Once again proving the superior club development at West's compared to the Brothers buy ins!!!!

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Suncorp has a limit on number of events each year over certain crowd sizes, which means they have to "accurately" count how many attend each match.

That's a long way of saying the government/stadium counts the crowd, not the team's themselves

Kinda. When I was working at the Reds I was responsible for the whole of game day at Reds games. Yes the stadium did an attendee number but that was their number for their usage. For the type of reporting you mention.

The hirer’s were their own. So, as someone indicated, it included tickets sold that weren’t used, and a few other rubbery tricks like that. And then it was always enhanced too.

I’d take the figure to the CEO just after half time, he say either we aren’t announcing it (which was rare at that time) or he would give me an inflated figure to announce. This would be reported back to the stadium as well.

Just different methods of accounting.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Kinda. When I was working at the Reds I was responsible for the whole of game day at Reds games. Yes the stadium did an attendee number but that was their number for their usage. For the type of reporting you mention.

The hirer’s were their own. So, as someone indicated, it included tickets sold that weren’t used, and a few other rubbery tricks like that. And then it was always enhanced too.

I’d take the figure to the CEO just after half time, he say either we aren’t announcing it (which was rare at that time) or he would give me an inflated figure to announce. This would be reported back to the stadium as well.

Wait…. You mean you lied to me?????

I feel so used.

LeCheese

Peter Johnson (47)

How much mustard are/were we putting on? 10%?

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
Sometimes a thousand or 15 hundred. All very arbitrary just to make it sound better. Bit a couple of times it was more - enough to make the stadium guys a little pissed off.
Was there a cut off point where it became a real number?

I can kind of understand if it was 9500 rounding up to 10500 to save face but surely if it was at 26000 it could be announced truthfully.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Was there a cut off point where it became a real number?

I can kind of understand if it was 9500 rounding up to 10500 to save face but surely if it was at 26000 it could be announced truthfully.

No. There was always a reason. Even if just to get above the Broncos figure.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)

Sounds like Queensland government reporting

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Yeah …. I’m sure it’s only a qld thing.
I work with Qld government, it's why I said it.. not a dig a Qld in general..

EDIT: Im sure they all suck

On that Ive seen someone manual change data in a report before it went to cabinet. Because they didn't want the stats to look bad..