• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Round Five: Waratahs vs Chiefs Friday 7:30 pm

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Chiefs: Damian McKenzie, Emoni Narawa, Alex Nankivell, Rameka Poihipi, Etene Nanai-Seturo, Bryn Gatland, Brad Weber (co-c); Pita Gus Sowakula, Sam Cane (co-c), Samipeni Finau, Manaaki Selby-Rickit, Brodie Retallick, John Ryan, Bradley Slater, Aidan Ross. Reserves: Samisoni Taukei’aho, Ollie Norris, George Dyer, Naitoa Ah Kuoi, Kaylum Boshier, Cortez Ratima, Daniel Rona, Shaun Stevenson.

DMac's 100th Super Rugby appearance.

Alex Ross (28)
Yeah, that’s a worry if Donaldson got hurt. I haven’t seen enough of Dowling to know how he’d go. Walton might be able to fill in at a push? Or Goddard outside Gordon?
Gone from too many on the field to not enough. I thought Bowen might be on the bench

Alex Ross (28)
I wonder why they didn’t put Nawa at fullback?
I don’t know much about Dowling as a fullback. But I’m not against Marky clocking as many minutes as possible on the wing to build experience. Especially leading into the end of the year

Lightblue

Arch Winning (36)
Angus Bell – Toe (Season) Archer Holz – Ribs (Round 6+) Charlie Gamble – Shoulder (Round 9+) Hugh Sinclair – Shoulder (Round 8+) Lalakai Foketi – Shoulder (Round 8+) Langi Gleeson – Calf (Round 6) Mahe Vailanu – Knee (Round 6+) Max Jorgensen – Shoulder (Round 6+) Mosese Tuipulotu – Knee (Round 6+) Tane Edmed – Back (Round 8+) Teddy Wilson – Neck (Round 6) Tiaan Tauakipulu – Knee (Round 8+) Will Harrison - Toe (Round 6)

did DC run over a cat or something?
DC must have had a few beers with Dave Rennie recently!

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
I don’t know much about Dowling as a fullback. But I’m not against Marky clocking as many minutes as possible on the wing to build experience. Especially leading into the end of the year
I did wonder if Eddie may have had some input but just thought 14. Nadolo 15. Nawa might have been a safer option in the circumstances. That said, presumably DC has seen enough in Dowling to want to give him the opportunity.

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
I did wonder if Eddie may have had some input but just thought 14. Nadolo 15. Nawa might have been a safer option in the circumstances. That said, presumably DC has seen enough in Dowling to want to give him the opportunity.

The game is in sydney, James Turner really should have been an option with this many injuries

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
If the players in the squad aren’t good enough and you need to look outside to fill. They shouldn’t be in the squad.

Not true, every club signs young players on positional & development. JT would have been in the squad if he didn't get offered a full time gig in the 7's program.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
The worst enemy of Tahs this season are the Tahs
2ru0yf.jpg

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Gees. That injury list

No. Position Name
1 LOOSEHEAD PROP Te Tera Faulkner (Southern Districts)
2 HOOKER David Porecki (Manly)
3 TIGHTHEAD PROP Harry Johnson-Holmes (Sydney University)
4 LEFT LOCK Jed Holloway (Southern Districts)
5 RIGHT LOCK Ned Hanigan (Sydney University)
6 LEFT FLANKER Lachlan Swinton (Sydney University)
7 RIGHT FLANKER Michael Hooper (Manly)
8 NUMBER EIGHT Will Harris (Eastern Suburbs)
9 SCRUMHALF Jake Gordon (Sydney University) (c)
10 FLYHALF Ben Donaldson (Randwick)
11 LEFT WING Dylan Pietsch (Randwick)
12 INSIDE CENTRE Joey Walton (Gordon)
13 OUTSIDE CENTRE Izaia Perese (Randwick)
14 RIGHT WING Mark Nawaqanitawase (Eastwood)
15 FULLBACK Ben Dowling (Randwick)
Replacements:
16 RESERVE Tolu Latu (Western Sydney)
17 RESERVE Tom Lambert (Sydney University)
18 RESERVE Daniel Botha (Sydney University)
19 RESERVE Taleni Seu (Southern Districts)
20 RESERVE Zac Von Appen (Sydney University)
21 RESERVE Harrison Goddard (Gordon)
22 RESERVE Harry Wilson (Eastwood)
23 RESERVE Nemani Nadolo (Western Sydney)
Players unavailable for selection:
Angus Bell – Toe (Season)
Archer Holz – Ribs (Round 6+)
Charlie Gamble – Shoulder (Round 9+)
Hugh Sinclair – Shoulder (Round 8+)
Lalakai Foketi – Shoulder (Round 8+)
Langi Gleeson – Calf (Round 6)
Mahe Vailanu – Knee (Round 6+)
Max Jorgensen – Shoulder (Round 6+)
Mosese Tuipulotu – Knee (Round 6+)
Tane Edmed – Back (Round 8+)
Teddy Wilson – Neck (Round 6)
Tiaan Tauakipulu – Knee (Round 8+)
Will Harrison - Toe (Round 6)
The scary thing about the injury list is that most of them have a "+" sign beside the week number. Given that so far injury recovery times have exceeded the forecast recovery date on almost every occasion, that means that the squad is unlikely to be close to full strength till round 10 even if no one gets injured in the meantime. By round ten the season will be virtually over.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Chiefs: Damian McKenzie, Emoni Narawa, Alex Nankivell, Rameka Poihipi, Etene Nanai-Seturo, Bryn Gatland, Brad Weber (co-c); Pita Gus Sowakula, Sam Cane (co-c), Samipeni Finau, Manaaki Selby-Rickit, Brodie Retallick, John Ryan, Bradley Slater, Aidan Ross. Reserves: Samisoni Taukei’aho, Ollie Norris, George Dyer, Naitoa Ah Kuoi, Kaylum Boshier, Cortez Ratima, Daniel Rona, Shaun Stevenson.

DMac's 100th Super Rugby appearance.
Glad to see Stevenson on the bench. Him at 15 and McKenzie at 10 is the stuff nightmares are made of behind that pack.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Looking forward to seeing Pietsch & Walton out there

Turinui said on one of the thousand Stan shows that Dowling is a good, smart "footballer" and with a set of proper wingers who will work, I don't think he will lose us the match

I still expect to lose by 1,000, but hopefully Swinton starts to turn up and contribute, Perese defends well & breaks a few tackles, Poreki can throw accurately and Hanigan & Holloway can catch & provide decent lineout ball