• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Round Five: Waratahs vs Chiefs Friday 7:30 pm

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Shitty game. Dropped ball, scrum, chuck it about for 10 seconds, dropped ball, scrum, rinse repeat.

Huge defensive effort from NSFW. All for nought though as when all was said and done.....

willy-wonka-and-the-chocolate-factory-gene-wilder.gif

A mutterer

Chilla Wilson (44)
would have been nice to grab a losing bonus point against the clear premier front runners, but to my eye this was more like the tahs of 22.

if it wasnt for the shit short passing game at times, and some silly penalties, we might have made a better showing of it.

im glad my ralp wiggum meme prediction for the game didnt eventuate, and we while we were in danger it wasnt a blow out danger.

ps welcome back hoops, was a good defensive shift!

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Watching it late. How the hell is an Aussie referee. Giving all the calls to the chiefs ? Even clean out at 13 min. It's in the side so should have been called a penlaty. And then they don't even care anymore that a guy goes head first into a ruck and almost kills parese. Jesus help me.

Lightblue

Arch Winning (36)
Watching it late. How the hell is an Aussie referee. Giving all the calls to the chiefs ? Even clean out at 13 min. It's in the side so should have been called a penlaty. And then they don't even care anymore that a guy goes head first into a ruck and almost kills parese. Jesus help me.
Ref had time to have a look while Perese was getting his white swimming cap put on him too. Surely a penalty there at least.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
The Waratahs passing across the board was poor. They really stood up physically and matched the Chiefs in most areas but the basic pass and catch skills are horrible, even from their 10 and 12? Cannot win a game like that against top tier opposition.

Doritos Day

Johnnie Wallace (23)
I don't think that's blaming the ref for losing but in every game for the last 3 years that's a red and they didn't even award a penlaty. It shows why people don't watch rugby. It's ridiculously inconsistent.
People don't watch rugby because there wasn't a red card? I've officially heard it all.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Watched at a mates birthday so I missed heaps. Just re watched now:

The first thing I thought was the Chiefs were very flat and the Tahs blew an opportunity even with so many injuries.

1st Half attack was terrible. The amount of ball runners and receivers getting it flat footed or having just made a stutter step looked like a team that had not played together. I’m concerned this is a Jake Gordon thing at this point and his style and tempo just isn’t made for a team style game play. He’s an athlete playing Halfback.

I thought Harris worked his ass off and he might put Swinton out of a job soon. Hooper, Gable, Gleeson, Harris…. Just a thought.

Tolu had impact when he came on. Is his leg alright? Basically casted in tape.

I thought Wilson looked very lively when he got on off the bench. Big and athletic. Was running nicely into the gap.

Hate doing ref chat but Jordan is below standard. Not straight line outs, forward passes the list could go on. If he was a super rugby player he’d be dropped.

Last edited:

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Watched at a mates birthday so I missed heaps. Just re watched now:

The first thing I thought was the Chiefs were very flat and the Tahs blew an opportunity even with so many injuries.

1st Half attack was terrible. The amount of ball runners and receivers getting it flat footed or having just made a stutter step looked like a team that had not played together. I’m concerned this is a Jake Gordon thing at this point and his style and tempo just isn’t made for a team style game play. He’s an athlete playing Halfback.

I thought Harris worked his ass off and he might put Swinton out of a job soon. Hooper, Gable, Gleeson, Harris…. Just a thought.

Tolu had impact when he came on. Is his leg alright? Basically casted in tape.

I thought Wilson looked very lively when he got on off the bench. Big and athletic. Was running nicely into the gap.

Hate doing ref chat but Jordan is below standard. Not straight line outs, forward passes the list could go on. If he was a super rugby player
Excellent summary of the game.