• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Round Six: Waratahs v Rebels Friday March 29, 7:35 pm SFS

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Last chance saloon for both teams I think to make the top four. Mathematically that's untrue, but realistically both teams need to show some real form starting Friday.

Both teams have senior players out - Tahs mainly front row, Rebels mainly backrow.

Tipping on who shows up and who doesn't isn't easy at all. I'm forecasting Tahs by 6, but take a look at my position in the tipping comp before you follow suit!

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Last chance saloon for both teams I think to make the top four. Mathematically that's untrue, but realistically both teams need to show some real form starting Friday.

Both teams have senior players out - Tahs mainly front row, Rebels mainly backrow.

Tipping on who shows up and who doesn't isn't easy at all. I'm forecasting Tahs by 6, but take a look at my position in the tipping comp before you follow suit!
Top four Hawko? I reckon both the Hurricanes and Chiefs are odds on to make it. Which of the Reds and Brumbies do you see either of the Tahs or Rebels overtaking?

I think the top four ship has already sailed for these two sides.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Top four Hawko? I reckon both the Hurricanes and Chiefs are odds on to make it. Which of the Reds and Brumbies do you see either of the Tahs or Rebels overtaking?

I think the top four ship has already sailed for these two sides.
If one of these teams wins their next five games with a few bonus points added in the table could be transformed. Maybe not likely, but possible.

John S

Chilla Wilson (44)
Definitely last chance saloon for both teams. I think going in Tahs favour is the games have been close at the end. Last week against the Drua aside, they've been right in the game for entire game.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Surely 'Tahs are clear favourites. If you can't put the Rebels out of their misery then that's a pretty bad sign. Rebels morale is reaching Wallabies RWC '23 levels.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
IMG_1057.jpeg
IMG_1058.jpeg

Rob42

John Solomon (38)
Players unavailable for selection:

• David Porecki - Achillies (TBC)
  • Thomas Lambert - Knee (Season)
  • Archer Holz - Shoulder (Round 8)
  • Mesu Kunavula – Knee (Season)
  • Ned Slack-Smith - Concussion (TBC)
  • Daniel Botha - Neck (Round 7+)

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
REBELS (1-15): Matt Gibbon, Jordan Uelese, Sam Talakai, Angelo Smith, Lukhan Salakaia-Loto, Tuaina Taii Tualima, Josh Kemeny, Rob Leota (c), Ryan Louwrens, Carter Gordon, Darby Lancaster, David Feliuai, Filipo Daugunu, Lachie Anderson, Jake Strachan

RESERVES: Alex Mafi, Cabous Eloff, Taniela Tupou, Josh Canham, Maciu Nabolakasi, Vaiolini Ekuasi, James Tuttle, Nick Jooste

Rumours confirmed that Foote helped carry some boxes for Filipo and set up his Billy bookshelf, so now he's back starting.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
REBELS (1-15): Matt Gibbon, Jordan Uelese, Sam Talakai, Angelo Smith, Lukhan Salakaia-Loto, Tuaina Taii Tualima, Josh Kemeny, Rob Leota (c), Ryan Louwrens, Carter Gordon, Darby Lancaster, David Feliuai, Filipo Daugunu, Lachie Anderson, Jake Strachan

RESERVES: Alex Mafi, Cabous Eloff, Taniela Tupou, Josh Canham, Maciu Nabolakasi, Vaiolini Ekuasi, James Tuttle, Nick Jooste

No Kellaway :(
Daugrunu :)
Darby :) :) :)

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Might be a rotation as Bell was on the bench last week but I'm glad to see HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes) on the bench.

DC not a Teddy Wilson fan? We know what Jack Grant gives us. Serviceable guy but that's about it. Foketi and Harrison on the bench feels like it immediately gave legitimate depth.

Rob42

John Solomon (38)
Might be a rotation as Bell was on the bench last week but I'm glad to see HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes) (Harry Johnson-Holmes) on the bench.

DC not a Teddy Wilson fan? We know what Jack Grant gives us. Serviceable guy but that's about it. Foketi and Harrison on the bench feels like it immediately gave legitimate depth.
Yes, weird. I thought Wilson was being dropped to the A team to get some minutes, and perhaps build his connection with Harrison - but I would have thought this was the time to bring him back.