• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rugby And League MERGER.

Rugby And League MERGER.

• It's a good idea

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • All Dismal's ideas are good ideas

Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Dismal is renowned for his clear, logical thinking and well-reasoned rugby football proposals

Votes: 9 32.1%
  • It will NEVER work, shithead

Votes: 12 42.9%
  • Rugby is too snobby to do this

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • League doesn't need rugby

• This will happen in the future

• Rugby will drown in concussion lawsuits and "rebrand" in the merger

• Braveheart will know what to do

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Braveheart is a big fat baby

Votes: 7 25.0%

• Total voters

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Now, I havent seen any Rugby League games since the 1980's but hear me out u psychos.

Rugby is dying.

League seems to still have the same tiny footprint its always had worldwide.....

MERGE.

MERGE!

MONORAIL!

MONORAIL!

EXqcmL7XkAAg6Cb.png

Rules Proposals Which I Haven't Thought Through At All.

From RL:

- 13 players

From Rugby:

- lineouts
mauls
- rucking (no more of that horrific "cleanout" bullshit that replaced rucking where some poor schmuck is expected to bend over and compete for the ball as some 130 kg lummox has a free shot at the poor exposed plonkers neck and spine ffs)

TL/DR;

q1hsC43oprmocQCcdQqCcohwXKuUeX5Q1oSx02ytSgA.jpg

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Amidst the chundering, roiling, rolodexed sea that is my failed threads, this one is perhaps my nadir. An utter, utter wasteland of disengagement and disinterest. My Thread Starter Focus Group are going to feel the backlash over this.

Let's review the replies to date:

"Get fucked"
"You dick"
"Ah cahnt spake"
"Are you from space?"
"Were you sent here by the devil?"
"Thread starter is probably the Wollongong Tri-State Rapist"

Oh well, hopefully @zer0 will be along shortly to clean up the mess.

Again.

Marce

John Thornett (49)
Impossible, mate. The succes of NRL and the League community in Australia are the rivals. Most of the Kiwis living in OZ are converting to League, so the threat to League becomes the number one code in Oceania is real. In fact, is the most popular rugby code in Oceania in registered players (Australia + Papua New Guinea)

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
From Rugby:

Scrums
. 8 men. But no more of this laboriously asinine "pinch, squeeze, fart, squint, crouch, touch, pivot, engage, ahh fuck reset" bullshit. Lock up THEN push. Ball in. That's it. Scrum collapse? @Pfitzy will know what to do. And no, it's NOT another scrum reset.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
From Rugby:

Scrums
. 8 men. But no more of this laboriously asinine "pinch, squeeze, fart, squint, crouch, touch, pivot, engage, ahh fuck reset" bullshit. Lock up THEN push. Ball in. That's it. Scrum collapse? @Pfitzy will know what to do. And no, it's NOT another scrum reset.

Get the ref out of the way. Unless it's me.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
These are precarious times. New Zealand Rugby knows that its stadia are letting down its fans due to 20 years of under-investment. It knows that the current model of Super Rugby is unworkable, with five Australian teams stuffed with “journeymen Kiwis or players from the UK where the market has gone to c..p.” And it is annoyed at Steve Hansen for preaching from his pedestal in Japan and then nicking its players.
steve-harvey.gif

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I actually think this will happen eventually, maybe in 20-25 years time.
Do you think league will only last that long gwerty? It maybe merge in Aus one day, but the rest will carry on, quite happily.
I will add I will be 88=93 by then and probably won't know what is what anyway.