• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rugby Betting 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
Round Three Super Rugby 2016:

Jumped on the Highlanders to beat the Waratahs earlier this week. Priced at $2.25! Absolute steal.

Combined it with Blues (-5.5), which they should cover by halftime, to take the multi to $4.06

Also fancied the Sunwolves to knock over the lacklustre Rebels in Tokyo at $2.75, but it's a risky one.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I was on the Sunwolves last weekend both as a straight bet and also multied with a couple of others (pushing it up around $5).

Was so disappointed when they crumbled in the second half.

I certainly see the Tahs v Highlanders as a close contest but I think the negativity towards the Tahs is a little over the top. The home team should be favourite in this contest.

I quite like the Sharks @ 1.80 away to the Bulls and Sunwolves +7 against the Rebels.

blindsider

Billy Sheehan (19)
I've got rebels 1-12. The Moondogs will push them all the way I reckon ( I hope) and that into the Stormers @ Newlands to beat the Brumbies @ $2...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
A lot of Rebels negativity. They've been quite good -> very good in parts. Should easily deal with the Sunwolves, but for the unknown Tokyo factor.

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
Multi ruined :( never would have picked that Reds resukt

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
King you should have gone Clan into Norths (Brisbane Premier Rugby) and you would have made a killing. Pay $10 would have added nicely to the $2.25.

Anyway we are all winners in hindsight.

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
King you should have gone Clan into Norths (Brisbane Premier Rugby) and you would have made a killing. Pay $10 would have added nicely to the $2.25.

Anyway we are all winners in hindsight.

I would have needed more than $10 in value to pick Norths! What an upset that was.

I'm not seeing much I like this weekend. Might take the week off

Beer Baron

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Agreed. Although i think sunwolves at 7 is a good value. Dont get me wrong they are slim chances but closer than 7. Bulls dont travel well iirc, sunwolves were good until legs gave way against lions .

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
The addictive personality strikes again.

Three leg multi this week:

1. Beauden Barrett to score a try at any time v Kings at $2.37.

Beaudie is the king of support play and bloody quick. The Hurricanes will put at least six tries through the Kings, and I reckon Beaudie will be one of them.

Could have also taken Ardie Savea to score at $2.25, but I couldn't take both in one multi.

2. Crusaders (+3.5) v Sharks at $1.90

I've just got a feeling that the Sharks will trip up on this game. Took the spread just in case the Crusaders cop a last minute runaway try (Stormers) or last minute penalty/miss (Bulls).

3. Reds (+7) v Waratahs at $1.90

I'm not even convinced the Waratahs will win this game.

If Foley returns the backline synergy / combinations will be put under pressure as a guy who hasn't played in months gets put in charge at 10.

I predict this one will be a tight affair, with the Reds a fair chance of getting up.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Pretty fruitful week for me. Flipped $5 into $37.95 by way of punts on anytime try scorers Ardie Savea and Damien McKenzie, as well as backing the Crusaders and Stormers respectively.

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
All went to plan for me, just!

1. Barrett scored a solo effort against the run of play in the 80th.

2. The Sharks scored two runaways to be in the game, and were denied a try by Peyper late to save my multi.

3. The Reds held out the Tah's, camped on their own goal-line, to close out the game.

Turned $10 into $85, which is going to sit very nicely in the HK7s beer fund :) Too bad the nerves took a year off my lifespan!

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
Wanted to get in early this weekend

1. Brumbies v Chiefs (+5.5) at $1.90

Chiefs are $2.60 underdogs v Brumbies, which is mouthwatering value considering how clinical they were against the Force. Meanwhile, the Brumbies are returning home from a tough tour of Africa and will be pretty run down.

I don't think the bookies are idiots, so they must be thinking something I'm not. I'll take the spread but I'm predicting a big win for the Waikato.

2. Lions v Crusaders (win) at $2.10

The Crusaders looked spectacular against the Sharks, counter-attacking with fluid brilliance while demonstrating excellent support play in the forwards. That's a recipe for big points.

Realistically they should have beaten the Sharks 30-0, if a) they made their kicks b) the Sharks didn't score two runaways against the run c) Havili stayed on the field.

The Sharks are a better team than the Lions, who's odds are inflated by wins over the ordinary Cheetahs and Sunwolves, plus an anomalistic win over the Chiefs. They were towelled by the Highlanders, who are a similar team to the Crusaders in terms of attacking ability through the backline.

If you can afford to wait until later this week, I'd recommend picking a Crusaders +7 line for likely big bucks.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
With Beale and Horne out, the Tahs look pretty shaky.

I reckon this game is a bit of a coinflip and the Rebels paying $3.35 look like tasty odds. Rebels +7.5 is probably a strong bet.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
With Beale and Horne out, the Tahs look pretty shaky.

I reckon this game is a bit of a coinflip and the Rebels paying $3.35 look like tasty odds. Rebels +7.5 is probably a strong bet.

Sadly I was right.

Also had a four leg multi of Highlanders, Crusaders, Chiefs +5.5, Rebels +7.5 which paid $7.10.

It was a pretty profitable weekend of rugby gambling.

Combined with Libran, Chautauqua and Winx all winning at Randwick on Saturday my betting account is currently looking very healthy.

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
$50 on Highlanders>Reds + Chiefs>Blues + Crusaders>Force in H2Hs.

Paying $1.88, but all seems very safe.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
$50 on Highlanders>Reds + Chiefs>Blues + Crusaders>Force in H2Hs.

Paying $1.88, but all seems very safe.

I like it although I've avoided the Force as they always make me nervous. I went with the Hurricanes over the Jaguares which was similar odds.

Also did some penny pinching adding the Stormers over the Sunwolves @ $1.01 to make it a $1.90 bet instead of $1.88.

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
Funnily enough, I'm the opposite - I can't trust the Jaguares form! I feel much safer backing the Force to be stagnant in attack.

Might be worth switching the Sevens on though... France are cooking up an incredible upset of New Zealand. Lead 17-0, five minutes in

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
Went for two $20 multis this round.

1) $20 x $4.10 for $82.00

Chiefs to beat Hurricanes @ 2.00 + Crusaders to beat Brumbies @ 2.05

I really rate both of these Kiwi teams, and feel pretty safe backing them both here.

2) $20 x $5.65 for $113.07

Highlanders to beat Sharks @ 1.29 + Cheetahs (+5.5) v Rebels @ 1.84 + Jaguares to beat Sunwolves @ 1.14 + Chiefs to beat Hurricanes @ 1.99 + Lions to beat Kings @ 1.05

All fairly safe IMO, but everything hinges on the Cheetahs. I think $2.65 for them to beat the Rebels is massively overpriced, but I took the line for some wiggle room.

I'd take the Sharks (+10.5) if you wanted some extra spice

Status
Not open for further replies.