• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rugby challenge game trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruwheresmycar

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Both are totally different games. Rugby Challenge has more licenses so it should be better for a season mode type game. However the jury is still out on gameplay and online performance, we will have to wait until both games are released for that. At this stage both look good though.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
I have just sorted out the repair of my PS3 after seeing the vid above. Apparently PS3's and 3yr old kids don't mix well.

Ham

Sydney Middleton (9)
Hmm.. looks like this game has exclusive rights to the licences for the Australian and New Zealand national and super rugby teams, and RWC has exlusive rights to South African and European teams. Either way, we won't be able to play an unbroken super rugby or world cup tournament.
Looks like I'm going back to Rugby 06.

T

tranquility

Hmm.. looks like this game has exclusive rights to the licences for the Australian and New Zealand national and super rugby teams, and RWC has exlusive rights to South African and European teams. Either way, we won't be able to play an unbroken super rugby or world cup tournament.
Looks like I'm going back to Rugby 06.

If that is the case, that is a major pain in the arse.

S

StonerJack

No, the licensing in Super 15 is still for Aust and NZ only. See the link below for a comparison of the two games.

http://www.nztrip2011.com/2011/07/rugby-challenge-vs-rugby-world-cup-2011.html

Not a big deal. Rugby Challenge includes player and team editors so any that aren't licensed can easily be created. Better yet wait a few days and someone will have made it all for you and with PS3 version allowing shared custom data you'll just need to download it.

From what I've seen it should be a good game. Will be interesting to see how they transfer our beautiful complicated game to a controller though.

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
They have licensing for Super XV, ITM and some other random one I was reading about. Needless to say, the omission of SAF and European international teams will be annoying, but apparently the European club sides are licensed so just edit the squads and put the real players in the international teams and problem solved. Not sure how to fix the South African dilemma, might have to just never be them... not that I am anyway.

There is a franchise based mode much like the 'world league' of Rugby '08 and '06, so if the international teams aren't much fun I'm sure that will provide enjoyment, that is, if the Reds are still a tier 3 team.

U

Utility Back

They have licensing for Super XV, ITM and some other random one I was reading about. Needless to say, the omission of SAF and European international teams will be annoying, but apparently the European club sides are licensed so just edit the squads and put the real players in the international teams and problem solved. Not sure how to fix the South African dilemma, might have to just never be them... not that I am anyway.

There is a franchise based mode much like the 'world league' of Rugby '08 and '06, so if the international teams aren't much fun I'm sure that will provide enjoyment, that is, if the Reds are still a tier 3 team.

Bringing them up the ranks got me through the dark years.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)

Incorrect... they've now got the licenses for all the European teams and competitions, except for the Heineken Cup competition... although they have all the teams that are involved so it's no big deal...

So far Rugby Challenge has the licenses for the All Blacks, the Qantas Wallabies, the USA Eagles, Tri Nations, Bledisloe Cup, Australian and New Zealand Super Rugby teams, Aviva Premiership Rugby, TOP 14 Orange, RaboDirect PRO12, ITM Cup, and Ranfurly Shield.

And apparently there's more to come! I'm assuming the Japanese league...

So really, it looks like it's just the SA teams that won't be licenced... which is a real shame because you could've really had a complete NH/SH competition going... which I'm going to create sans SA because I couldn't be assed creating all the players from scratch or having Boon Dyne and Stoke Burrjer in my competition...

Status
Not open for further replies.