• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rugby Championship in an Aussie bubble?

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Absolutely, but a lower bar has rarely been set. For me the interim CEO must go. He is either implicated in the Clyne decisions or lacked the temerity to stand up to it. Either way that history is not over till the slaps his arse on the way out.

McClennan has been surprising and so far I like what I see.
I accept to placate people Clarke may have to go but not yet whilst important decisions are to be made as we don’t need unnecessary turbulence at this stage and if people trust Hamish they should trust him to keep Clarke in check.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
I accept to placate people Clarke may have to go but not yet whilst important decisions are to be made as we don’t need unnecessary turbulence at this stage and if people trust Hamish they should trust him to keep Clarke in check.

understand your thinking and have to agree that Hamish has plugged the leaks and the public discontent. There is little point my reiterating further thoughts.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
I thought everything was always perfect in Kiwi rugby heaven and journos were not allowed to say anything negative about the holy blackness !!??

Only applies while they are number 1 in the rankings, fair game after that

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Dear oh dearie me. They are having a little bit if a bite back at their own. We don't see that often.

I am basking in Schadenfreude. The Kiwis are calling each other out now. I thought everything was always perfect in Kiwi rugby heaven and journos were not allowed to say anything negative about the holy blackness !!??

Nom nom nom.

Yeh never seen kiwi press get so stuck into NZRU - interesting they have lost the support of nz rugby press on these recent issues - but really they are all pretty undefendable and NZRU needs to give up the shovel and stop digging

Ulrich

Nev Cottrell (35)
Have faith and chill. Work together as you always have in the past between AUS and NZ.

My personal opinion here is NZ is trying to get a Hawaiian team in their comp (US money). Whether that will benefit them more on their own or together with AUS is what they are trying to figure out, but they will always need AUS in my opinion anyway.

If not for rugby, for other reasons. May as well be friendly with your closest neighbour.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
^^^

EDIT: Oops. Major cross over here by myself between Super and RC. Ulrich, as you were, nothing to see here, agree 100%.

@Ulrich - there is certainly some shrill floating around but the chill is developing. Working cooperatively together requires two willing partners and perhaps we are starting to head the right way.

I’m quite relaxed in suggesting perhaps Aus and NZ need a period running independently and that a clear “don’t argue” is necessary when NZ, intentionally or not, do things that might impact our ability to successfully operating without the Kiwis.

There is plenty to happen to achieve “working together as we always have in the past”. Much of that can not be done solely and entirely on this side of the ditch.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Apparently the Australia/New Zealand travel bubble details have been finalised and will soon be announced.

Seems like the quarantines won't be in place by December so there will be nothing for the NZRU to complain about in regards to missing Christmas.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Apparently the Australia/New Zealand travel bubble details have been finalised and will soon be announced.

Seems like the quarantines won't be in place by December so there will be nothing for the NZRU to complain about in regards to missing Christmas.

:D

Does this mean I can travel to the great metropolis of Rotorua any time soon to go smell the clean air?

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)

Oh you mean the whole issue was with the NZRU government the whole time and really had nothing to do with SANZAAR?

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Oh you mean the whole issue was with the NZRU government the whole time and really had nothing to do with SANZAAR?

No it had to do with SANZAAR working in with laws of the country. And by the way I still don't see the problem as big as some, I know it a shame if players are not at home with family, but most of the talk seems to of been about the new fathers like Richie Mounga and BB, they actually wouldn't need to worry as their 3 month old kids are not going to even know it Xmas and Dad not being there on that day. Though in saying that I can understand the players angst at not being there, just................

Ulrich

Nev Cottrell (35)
Everyone's unhappy with NZ lately.

Rugby365 said:
The reason for NZ Rugby’s decision not to include Pasifika side next year was due to concerns around whether they will be competitive in such a short timeframe. There was also the issue of financial backing to ensure a sustainable future for the team.

However, one of the Pacific Island ventures has hit out at NZ Rugby. Kanaloa Hawaii Chief Executive Tracy Atiga believes her team is ready to compete next year and called the bidding process “shady”.

https://rugby365.com/tournaments/super-rugby/news-super-rugby/new-zealands-shady-super-rugby-plan/

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
As I have said in other thread, this is same PI team that missed out on MLR comp in USA. and while obviously disapponting I tend to think maybe they are weakest of PI set ups.

I don't think they should be included at all. The whole reason for getting rid of Super Rugby was the expansion teams / travel and now we're going back to that? Either base them locally or not at all.

Jaguardo

Peter Burge (5)
Los Pumas roster confirmed for Rugby Championship

1 Albornoz, Tomás
2 Alemanno, Matías
3 Bertranou, Gonzalo
4 Boffelli, Emiliano
5 Bosch, Facundo
6 Bruni, Rodrigo
7 Calás, Ignacio
8 Calles, Ignacio
9 Cancelliere, Sebastián
10 Carreras, Santiago
11 Chocobares, Santiago
12 Cinti, Lucio
13 Cordero, Santiago
14 Cubelli, Tomás
15 De la Fuente, Jerónimo
16 Delguy, Bautista
17 Díaz Bonilla, Joaquín
18 Ezcurra, Felipe
19 Fernández Criado, Rodrigo
20 González, José Luis
21 González, Juan Martín
22 Gorrissen, Francisco
23 Grondona, Santiago
24 Imhoff, Juan
25 Isa, Facundo
26 Kremer, Marcos
27 Lezana, Tomás
28 Mallía, Juan Cruz
29 Matera, Pablo
30 Medrano, Santiago
31 Miotti, Domingo
32 Montoya, Julián
33 Moyano, Ramiro
34 Orlando, Matías
35 Oviedo, Joaquín
36 Paulos, Lucas
37 Petti, Guido
38 Pieretto, Enrique
39 Sanchez, Nicolás
40 Socino, Santiago
41 Sordoni, Lucio
42 Tetaz Chaparro, Nahuel
43 Vivas, Mayco
44 Wegrzyn, Federico
45 Zeiss, Juan Pablo

Jaguardo

Peter Burge (5)
Head Coach Mario Ledesma defined the 45 participants who will travel to Australia to play the 2020 edition of the Personal Rugby Championship. From the final list, 32 players are at the Los Pumas concentration in Uruguay and will get on the plane next Sunday, October 4th. The other 13 are those who play in European rugby and will join the team on Monday, October 19th. The National Team will make its official debut on Saturday, November 7, against South Africa at Suncorp Stadium in Brisbane.

In the first stage on Wallabies' land, the Argentine team will have to spend 14 days in quarantine, where they will be hosted in the city of Sydney and will train under a protocol of isolation.

The players who are not on the list for Oceania will join the Argentina XV team for the 4 Nations South American tournament in Montevideo.

As for those who are in Europe, as indicated in the World Rugby Regulation 9, they will be released by their respective clubs in order to travel, carry out the mandatory quarantine and be available to the Argentine coaching staff for the competition. Among them will be Juan Imhoff, who returns to the national team after five years.

Meanwhile, the back formed in CUBA, Matías Moroni, who initially was going to be part of the list for the Personal Rugby Championship, suffered a sprain in the lateral ligament of his right knee and will not travel with the delegation.

Source: ESPN Scrum