• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rugby Championship in an Aussie bubble?

Ulrich

Nev Cottrell (35)
If not being 100% is not acceptable for the Boks so be it. Call it now so we can make alternate arrangements (or months ago - as any half competent organization would have).

I personally love the idea of a ANZAC/Pasifika Baaabaa's side.

As if the ARU have been the saviours of the world for the last decade and SARU is the devil?

C'mon man, all unions have their shit they have to deal with. SARU got their act together by bringing Rassie back. Look at the "Chasing the Sun" doccie if you don't believe me.

ARU seem to have gotten back on track. Don't blow your own horn now because you have a decent coach and one draw.

Cheika afaik won his first game against NZ.

Ulrich

Nev Cottrell (35)
So you admit that you are just trying to preserve your number 1 status?

That's not what rugby is about for me.

We are number 1 anyway according to World Rugby until next year.

That means fuckall to us.

What matters is you can't go and hand out jerseys to Joe, Sam, and Bart just for the sake of handing out jerseys.

It should be the most difficult and most incredible achievement.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
That means fuckall to us.

What matters is you can't go and hand out jerseys to Joe, Sam, and Bart just for the sake of handing out jerseys.

It should be the most difficult and most incredible achievement.
That's eyewash.

Only a year ago, they handed out Bok caps to a B team to play us:

....... Rassie Erasmus has been open and honest about his plan to split the squad for the upcoming matches against Australia and New Zealand.

Fringe players look set to feature against the Wallabies at Ellis Park next Saturday. The first-string side will travel to Wellington

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
If not being 100% is not acceptable for the Boks so be it. Call it now so we can make alternate arrangements (or months ago - as any half competent organization would have).

I personally love the idea of a ANZAC/Pasifika Baaabaa's side.

You sound like you strongly dislike anything South African. If there was an award for "poster who is the shining light of ignoring facts", you would be the life time winner mate.

You still do not understand the history of this decision, or are you just going to remain petulant?

THEY ONLY KNEW AS OF 10 OCTOBER THAT THEY CAN GET ON A PLANE. NOW THEY ARE TRYING TO FIGURE OUT A SQUAD AND HOW TO GET THEM ALL HERE FROM FIVE DIFFERENT COUNTRIES.

Perhaps you can read the caps better.

Reactions: dru

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
That's eyewash.

... Rassie Erasmus has been open and honest about his plan to split the squad for the upcoming matches against Australia and New Zealand.

Fringe players look set to feature against the Wallabies at Ellis Park next Saturday. The first-string side will travel to Wellington

but they were fit players. after a full season.

f*ck, guys. seriously.

Reactions: dru

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
but they were fit players. after a full season.

f*ck, guys. seriously.
Cheap caps, tho.

I wouldn't mind seeing Aus A in this tournament. Maybe we rest players for the Mandela Plate.

Otherwise, filling the fixtures instead of SA's team.

Ulrich

Nev Cottrell (35)
That's eyewash.

... Rassie Erasmus has been open and honest about his plan to split the squad for the upcoming matches against Australia and New Zealand.

Okay mate,

Let's just play all the fringe players from our CC.

Australia can play predominantly the team from the Force.

Fair?

Ulrich

Nev Cottrell (35)
Really strange that you guys are so difficult. Usually you are nice people.

Anyway.

We are playing in Australia. We have to introduce maybe 10 or more new guys, not 8, not 3, not 5 and certainly not at Ellis Park.

All of whom will feel they probably DO NOT deserve the green jersey.

Ulrich

Nev Cottrell (35)
I would LOVE to see the Force play in Kimberley 2 weekends from now. I would really LOVE that.

That would be at least remotely fair and even then the Force would have a game on their hands they have never seen before. Probably the hardest pitch in SA with one of the most vocal crowds.

Bandar

Bob Loudon (25)
FFS just select a team and come or don't and lose $10 million.

I'm sorry but using the example of the All Blacks from the 1940's is the weakest excuse there is - they were a weaker team and got beaten - it happens. When the Wallabies lost to the Boks by 50 how many people said we should not have played that game because we were not strong enough?

Expectations are not high, as said earlier the Boks might surprise and win a couple of matches

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
You sound like you strongly dislike anything South African. If there was an award for "poster who is the shining light of ignoring facts", you would be the life time winner mate.

You still do not understand the history of this decision, or are you just going to remain petulant?

THEY ONLY KNEW AS OF 10 OCTOBER THAT THEY CAN GET ON A PLANE. NOW THEY ARE TRYING TO FIGURE OUT A SQUAD AND HOW TO GET THEM ALL HERE FROM FIVE DIFFERENT COUNTRIES.

Perhaps you can read the caps better.

Yeah I get the history and the logistical challenge of getting players from 5 countries to participate. I also get not wanting to play at less than full strength. I just don't get why, given all of the above and clearly no real desire to participate, you haven't pulled out yet, given your first match is in 6 weeks. We've organised everything on the basis that you will participate and the longer you take to pull out the less time we have to make alternate arrangements.

Edit: i dont think expecting reasonable notice is petulant - but if im out of line in apologize. I should not have antagonised you.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Okay mate,

Let's just play all the fringe players from our CC.

Australia can play predominantly the team from the Force.

Fair?
By all means, stop off in Perth - but bring your best from Supe-deblocked.

We'll soften up those antelopes before they meet Los Pumas.

Ulrich

Nev Cottrell (35)
FFS just select a team and come or don't and lose $10 million.

I'm sorry but using the example of the All Blacks from the 1940's is the weakest excuse there is - they were a weaker team and got beaten - it happens. When the Wallabies lost to the Boks by 50 how many people said we should not have played that game because we were not strong enough?

Expectations are not high, as said earlier the Boks might surprise and win a couple of matches

Again, it's not us as supporters that have the choice. So quit stomping your feet and saying "urgh I wanna safrica" and actually get with the programme.

sendit

Bob Loudon (25)
Who are they, you brought it up.

I literally say any name and your comeback will be "no they weren't"

Go on, be honest with yourself, at no point in time was someone chosen for an SA rugby team where the deciding factor was their skin colour rather than their ability?