• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rugby Championship Rd4 Match 2 Aus V Arg MoTM

Status
Not open for further replies.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
3- Ioane
2- Douglas
1- Alexander (despite scrum time)

Suprised no mentions for McCabe, I thought he was great.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
3 Douglas
2 Sharpe
1 Hooper

Special mention to the front row, they did a pretty good job of putting pressure on and supplying clean ball at scrum time

Scrum fell off in the last 10 but I think they were very good early and hence my points for Alexander who was also good around the field, always supporting the ball and often beat the first defender when he ran.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
3. Douglas
2. Sharpe
1. Hooper

HMs to Alexander, McCabe, Ioane, AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) and Phipps. For those who're putting the boot into Phipps, I thought his first run on test was OK, he's got a good pass (what more do we want a halfback to do?) but those around him, especially Cooper, didn't give him much guidance. When he felt comfortable in test rugby he set up a try.

K

kbw

Ioane
Douglas
Sharpe

Phipps was terrible for most of the game it was scarey. Too many memories of late Gregan. Those damn steps and slow delivery of the ball. Had the Pumas all over the Wallabies.
Pass it straight away or go home.

W

What2040

Barnes - (at least he caught every high ball)
Alexander (average scrums but good around park)
Digby - gets a point for a try - nothing special other than the try (which even Alexander would have scored)

Phipps's brain snap re penalty and kicking out on full - frigging unbelieveable
Also Samo dropping ball over line in unforgiveable

Status
Not open for further replies.