• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rugby Pub in Canberra at 3am on Sunday?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
I'm off to the nations glorious capital this weekend for my cousins' engagement, what's the chance of a pub being open at 3am for the Tahs?

Other viewing options? Worst case is I just get a hotel with Fox I guess..

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
The Rugby Union Club (RUC) is open all hours for Brumbies games...

Not sure if they'd do the same for the Tahs...

When the 'Saders beat the 'Tahs in the '08 final there was a fair contingent of Brumbies' players there cheering on the Crusaders... :thumb

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
yeh mate i think the best bet is to get a hotel with fox. I think the erindale vikings club closes around 4am but if its quiet they just close early. Pretty sure most other clubs are the same.

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
Just spoke to the RUC, bloke reckons they'd have stayed open for the Donkeys, and will likely show the Saders v Bulls match, but not for the Tahs.

I told him it was a shame the Donkeys weren't a bit better, and like actually made the final - he agreed.

I'm staying in Clifton Apartments in Braddon, worst case they've got Fox so at least I'll see the game. Still...

I'm also keen on somewhere with a fairly liberal approach to RSA, have an engagement party to attend prior.

Where will you watch it BJ?

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Probably at home, being out at that time of night is conducive only to getting frost bite where it's not pleasant...

RugbyFuture

Lord Logo
well, for the rest of us in civilisation, are we gonna get a live commentary? even if its late night this time i think everyones gonna be awake, though i might go over to my mates to watch it on his fox (rich bastard)

Sagerian

Allen Oxlade (6)
I think a small group of us (Sydney) are heading to the Dolphin to watch this. Such a shame it's on at 3am cos hardly anyone wants to go out and party. But everyone's welcome to joins us if you're out and about at 3am on a sunday :lmao:

Grandmaster Flash

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Sagerian said:
I think a small group of us (Sydney) are heading to the Dolphin to watch this. Such a shame it's on at 3am cos hardly anyone wants to go out and party. But everyone's welcome to joins us if you're out and about at 3am on a sunday :lmao:

Doesn't the Dolphin shut at midnight?

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
ACT Crusader said:
Cliftons definitely has Foxtel, but can't remember how many Foxsports channels.
They've got 10 Foxtel channels, which come from 10 Foxtel boxes. I just have to ask reception to make sure the game is on one of these... would be nice if they can set it up in the restaurant or something as my cousin will also be up to watch it, don't want to wake too many people!

E

eke

Moses said:
I'm off to the nations glorious capital this weekend for my cousins' engagement, what's the chance of a pub being open at 3am for the Tahs?

Me too :nta: See you somewhere in the wee hours for another Tah Victory!

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
You might see me driving around in my wagon..
Brum_page_image.JPG

naza

Alan Cameron (40)
Grandmaster Flash said:
Sagerian said:

Doesn't the Dolphin shut at midnight?

I reckon they must do. Otherwise why else would I have ended up at the Gaslight so many times ?

Status
Not open for further replies.