• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rugby TV ratings 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
They've really struggled with crowds for a few years now, which is amazing considering their on-field success.

It hasn't received the same media attention the Tahs' recent struggles did, but it is a massive issue, and coupled with the (recently resolved) lack of a major sponsor, it's looking a bit shaky down south.......

Omar Comin'

Chilla Wilson (44)
I think the way the Brumbies have played hasn't helped them for crowds. They haven't exactly thrilled the fans with their style of rugby. But going by the game against the Reds maybe that will change this season.

Whether people like it or not, the style of play is an important factor when it comes to crowds and ratings in Australia.

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
Where's the Rugby Attendances thread 2015?

Just as an aside i think I saw somewhere that the India Pakistan match was set to be the most watched game of cricket ever, though I imagine that is due to the Indian ratings. A pity they never took to the other colonial game as readily.

That's not the fault of rugby, it's rather a cultural issue. The Hindus are too small and weak to play rugby. Cricket is a sport more friendly for them.

T

TOCC

That's not the fault of rugby, it's rather a cultural issue. The Hindus are too small and weak to play rugby. Cricket is a sport more friendly for them.

Sri Lanka

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
Sri Lanka

What about Sri Lanka? They are the perfect example why rugby is not good for Hindus. They have over 100k rugby players and yet are crushed in all Commonwealth Games. Their genetic is not good for rugby then they will never be successful in this sport. Cricket is more friendly for them

T

TOCC

Sri Lanka

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
To try and wrestle this thread somewhere back to relevance, here's a link to a pretty amazing resource that someone is compiling. It lists the FTA and PTV ratings for all games of football & cricket in Australia, plus crowds.

www.footyindustry.com

While there is no denying the popularity of the 'Strules code in certain parts of Australia, beyond state lines it is about as appealing as Cornish Bog Snorkling. Even so, that web site works hard to try and find evidence of any real interest (or competence and competitiveness) in that game internationally.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Wamberal it would have been 7pm on sunday when game was on in NZ, but with CWC happening I not surprised not many watched it on Sunday night.
Us kiwis do tend to take awhile to get into super rugby, a lot prefer ITM cup, and so I tend to think it takes a little while for S15 to kick in.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Wamberal it would have been 7pm on sunday when game was on in NZ, but with CWC happening I not surprised not many watched it on Sunday night.
Us kiwis do tend to take awhile to get into super rugby, a lot prefer ITM cup, and so I tend to think it takes a little while for S15 to kick in.

Bugger, I'm upside down again!

Actually it was not a particularly good game - I totally agree that the ITM produces great rugby, we watch it a lot, particularly when the Ranfurly Shield is at stake, it produces wonderful intensity.

It takes many years to produce rugby rivalries that generate great contests.

Status
Not open for further replies.