• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rugby World Cup pattern repeating

Status
Not open for further replies.

College E

Bob McCowan (2)
Howzaaat for some rugby trivial pursuit:

In 1999 NZ won the Tri Nations & World Cup winner is Australia.

In 2003 NZ won the Tri Nations & World Cup winner is England.

In 2007 NZ won the Tri Nations & World Cup winner is South Africa.

In 2011 NZ will win the Tri Nations?? & World Cup winner is anyone except NZ??

In the year prior to the World Cup the winner was NZ except in 1998 which was won by South Africa.

Will the choking chokers choke again & win the Chokers World Cup.

:eek::eek::eek:

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Or is it something far more sinister...

In 1999 NZ won the Tri Nations & Armenian Prime Minister Vazgen Sargsyan is assassinated.

In 2003 NZ won the Tri Nations & Serbian Prime Minister Zoran Đinđić is assassinated.

In 2007 NZ won the Tri Nations & Pakistani President Benazir Bhutto is assassinated.

If I was a political leader I would be cheering pretty hard for anyone other than the All Blacks next year, because there is a definite link between AB wins and political assassinations as I have just comprehensively proven.

Richie McCaw there is blood on your hands...

Ham

Sydney Middleton (9)
Or is it something far more sinister...

In 1999 NZ won the Tri Nations & Armenian Prime Minister Vazgen Sargsyan is assassinated.

In 2003 NZ won the Tri Nations & Serbian Prime Minister Zoran Đinđić is assassinated.

In 2007 NZ won the Tri Nations & Pakistani President Benazir Bhutto is assassinated.

If I was a political leader I would be cheering pretty hard for anyone other than the All Blacks next year, because there is a definite link between AB wins and political assassinations as I have just comprehensively proven.

I'm voting for Gillard 2011. Go the All Blacks!

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
Even more confusing is that in the professional era, the first letters of the winning nations have been A SAES, which is Welsh for an Englander.

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
Speaking of patterns, does the Springbok's defeat on the weekend mean that NZ will lose to Scotland next year?

Status
Not open for further replies.