• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC 2011 QF4: NZ v Argentina (W Pool A v RU Pool B)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrankLind

Colin Windon (37)
I'm watching game with Kiwi wife ( who incidentally doesn't know the rules [ ?? ] ) and she thinks I'm a crank pointing out Black &'s constant infrimngements. You know, I wouldn't care if Owens wasn't pinging Argentina so frequently......

Did you point out Argentina's constant infringements? Or just NZ?

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Double margin bet Aus by 1-12 & AB's by 13+, I'm $58.20 richer. Nice. This has been a stressful day. NZ v AUS, not sure how I'll cope with that given how I went today. I reckon the Welsh are looking real good right now.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
SBW tonight confirmed what he showed in the S15...he's a very ordinary rugby player!

SBW is good against battlers. Against "proper" top notch professional players he is rather ordinary. If he is serious about his new profession then in a year or two he may learn the tricks, but I think Money Bill will not have the patience not pride to hang around for another year or two as a bench player for NZRT.

FrankLind

Colin Windon (37)
Oh yes the usual defence. Ronnie Biggs became a legend but was nothing but a violent thief. McCaw has been hailed a legend by a few usually in his own country........

Like I said, a blight.

LOL!!! You are comparing McCaw to Ronnie Biggs!
A little bit of perspective is needed I think.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Well, to be fair, who would ever really think he is a winger, FFS? I agree he has not been as stellar as some thought he might be, but bunging him on the wing won't show what he can do to full effect. He wouldn't be in my starting XV for NZ, but probably on the bench for impact and versatility.

Reactions: Ash

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
OK, this WON'T turn into another McCaw thread. Any more crap on that over-discussed subject will be deleted.

B

Blob

Lots of delicious bitterness on here. Owens was very lenient on the Argies in the rucks. Very, very lenient.

Argies played very well there. Excellent addition to the 4N. I'll be very surprised if they don't grab a win or two within 2 years.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
On the wing his love of the one armed pass doesnt matter so much. They wont risk him in midfield from this point on unless they have to

SaderCheif

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Well half my pubes went gray watching that. Thank god Cruden stepped up.
Hard luck to the pumas, great pressure on the breakdown

Toddy

Chris McKivat (8)
Oh yes the usual defence. Ronnie Biggs became a legend but was nothing but a violent thief. McCaw has been hailed a legend by a few usually in his own country........

Like I said, a blight.

And Pocock is lauded in OZ (as he should be). Yet he spends a lot of the game coming in from the wrong side, supports his body weight by leaning on players on the ground and gets stuck on the wrong side of the ruck. McCaw is a blight just like Pocock, Brussow and Warburton. The premier fetchers in today's game who all exploit the ref.

I love the way they play. I love that when the AB's play OZ I spend half the game screaming at the ref to see what Pocock is doing but he usually gets away with it. If Pocock plays the way he did tonight (fu*ken awesome) next week then he may well be the difference between the two teams and good on him. But don't fool yourself in to thinking that he isn't exploiting the laws because of the colour of his jersey.

Tordah

Dave Cowper (27)
Very pleased with the win, the scrum was monstrous. Not impressed with Read, but he might need another game to get right... Slade gone maybe? Cruden looked better than him anyways. Piri Weepu now the rock of the ABs - along with Kaino, of course. Jane looking good again... very excited about next week, hope Cooper plays similarly to today... :)

AkRiD

Allen Oxlade (6)
I expect a YouTube video on this Scarfman. Don't disappoint me.

Reckon I saw him grab Contepomi off the ball so Weepu wouldn't get caught. Looked like Contepomi gave him a lecture on ethics afterward.
Not a hundred on it cause it was in the corner of the screen, but that's what it looked like.

On another note, McCaw did look a little sore at times.
Cruden looked alright at 10 and I reckon Nonu should have run the ball more, busts tackles every time.

Not that convincing of a win (saving the best for last maybe), so lets hope next week is a cracker.

EDIT:
OK, this WON'T turn into another McCaw thread. Any more crap on that over-discussed subject will be deleted.

My typing is too slow, although some of my post is not McCaw related.

Status
Not open for further replies.