• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC 2011 - Quarter final 3 : Springbokke v. Wallabies CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Victorian Reds Fan

Bob Loudon (25)
Congrats Aussies, Schalk Burger was the man on the pitch for me today. Sure, Pocock basically won the game, but Burger played with such heart, reminded me of the Stormers game vs Blues 2nd half this Super Rugby season where Burger basically played every position at once for the 40 mins. Brüssow off killed the Saffers, he might have been the one to contain Pocock and win a few TOs himself, with Bryce letting opensides do whatever they want.

Burger is a gun. My favourite non-Wallaby player.

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
McCabe's tackling damn near saved Australia's skin in the first half. Barnes tackling was as good, but his defensive organisation was a key part of our win.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Okay I will report it instead and we will have a chin wag about it.

Hahaha please don't delete "pupa"'s comment, it's so perfectly, hilariously stereotypical. Stick a copy in the rules thread as part of our "Trolling Hall of Fame".

P

pete88

I would need to be isolated from firearms, sharps and poisons after that if I was a Saffer. I don't understand what happened out there but we'll take it.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
Hi Australia.

I would be ashamed at my team to win a game that they never should have due to a ref that let the wallaby's get away with murder at the breakdowns and scrums. How much did your team management pay the ref? The normal experience whenever super rugby are played down under.
Anyway, water under the bridge and congrats.

From South Africa

We've had our fair share of getting shafted by refs. No sympathy.

What a game. Real guts effort. Pocock and horwill were immense at the breakdown.

As for next week, it will be a big ask after that effort today. Australia will have to put in a tough, clinical and efficient performance against the best team in the world. Big big ask.

jollyswagman

Ron Walden (29)
Did anyone else feel that Genia had a very ordinary game? Some of his options were very ordinary - enough with the box kicking Will - shit! How many box kicks can one halfback sqeeze into a game. I understand that they needed to kick to get down the other end of the field but a box kick rarely has that effect. We had no ball yet he still managed to box kick away turnover ball on the first or second phase.

wobbly

Fred Wood (13)
Don't think it was Vickermans knee because he hit the ruck later. Want to see it again but obviously Broussow wasn't 100% going into the game.

Vicks hit plenty of rucks with power in that first half... Bakkies and Burger Have done that to us enough times in the past.

Garryowen

Larry Dwyer (12)
McCabe was immense, albeit he fell off a couple tackles. Heart of a lion that guy, an absolute warrior.

Nevertheless, given Cooper's proneness to choking under pressure, I think we need to stick Barnes at 12 to relieve some of that pressure.

Garryowen

Larry Dwyer (12)
Did anyone else feel that Genia had a very ordinary game? Some of his options were very ordinary - enough with the box kicking Will - shit! How many box kicks can one halfback sqeeze into a game. I understand that they needed to kick to get down the other end of the field but a box kick rarely has that effect. We had no ball yet he still managed to box kick away turnover ball on the first or second phase.

Thought he was average, but he did make up for his errant pass with a try saving tackle for the ages.

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
The better team lost.

Quade owes Pocock his match fees. Pocock kept digging us out & Quade just kept throwing us back in the shit.

Fuck Pocock is a machine why on earth anyone tried to keep him out of the gym is beyond me he looks heaps better when he's pumped to the max.

Sharpie was brilliant off the bench also.

Status
Not open for further replies.