• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC 2011 SF2: Australia vs. New Zealand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
The match will apparently be shown on the giant screens in Brisbane's King George Square and Queen Street Mall. Good to see them finally being put to good use... and the council finally getting a bit of World Cup Fever.

joshbristow

Peter Burge (5)
Semi Final Preview

Quick vid I knocked out as Uni procrastination :)

[video=youtube;aFF6yEy1abw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFF6yEy1abw[/video]

J

Jay

Ah well, I'm signing out for the next few days. Last few weekends I've taken advantage of the WC by going skiing, so I'll be away from the computer till Sunday night. Good luck to everyone. Except Australia.

T

tblackadder

now watching videos of cruden to psyche myself up

man he cut tasman to pieces....

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
Hang on a sec lads...my 63 year old brain was picturing Robbie making the statement on TV. I initially left the "ever" out, but it didn't look right, so I stuck it in! Cyclo's parents and my parents paid alot for us to go to the same school, (in my case the return on investment may not have been great), so blame me, not Dingo!! That aside, I'm feeling much more confident today than I felt this time last week, mainly because I remember sitting in Suncorp Stadium watching the Reds do a job on the Crusaders in the S15 final!

Don't stress, Mr Doug. Both are entirely acceptable uses of the present perfect, and they have precisely the same meaning.

G

Golden Suits

Golden Suits will be there

we have started up a little wallabies supporters group... its all for fun. Few of us will be at the game... its gonna be a nail biter.

http://wallabiesgold.com/

pissedoffihavetoregister

Bill Watson (15)
My view of hows its gonna go:
If you compare this game vs last time we played the darkness. In the last game we created lots of opportunities in the first half. Should have scored more tries but had a decent lead at oranges. The darkness lost quite a few players in the first half and fell apart a bit because of that. They played thru the forwards for the Q3 and got back level but got tuckered out and we pulled ahead at the end. It was played in Brisvegas which is hot, humid, sexy, ott and lurid, which knocks everyone else around come Q4 of a game.
Oz +:has improved in its defence after last week efforts.
-: Without beale Oz attack has probably diminished.
Nzdders - +:Their pack (backrow) has improved over what they had then.
-: They have a guy at the most crucial position on the field that hasn't played a full game for 5 weeks. He has been going well at itm level (and that is a decent step up from sydney comp), but that doesn't really count. They now have a hairycanes backline. They were good one week, crap the next in super 12++.
The ref - both teams have played with him a lot and both should cope.
The field - oz team hasn't won for a while, which means the next win is due. Its the blues home field - every team in oz has won there a fair bit over the last few years - so no great drama.
Local support - they will have the bulk of the support in the ground and that should help them. as many have said, if we go ahead early that will help.
History - The others have that much expectation that they should win that if they are not ahead at 3/4 time it will start to affect them.
Result - Crap shoot - go the gold....

pissedoffihavetoregister

Bill Watson (15)
That's my view of the background. I think they will run at cruden all day and night and he will tire pretty quickly and get replaced by an even worse option. That's what poido said tonight and that makes sense. Hope it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.