• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC 2015 Final - Australia v New Zealand, Twickenham, Sunday 1 November, 3:00 AEDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
The thing that shits me about Barrett's try is that if that was an Aussie chasing that it wouldn't have bounced anything like it did. It would have skewed off to one side, or hit the post or gone dead or straight into the arms of one of the opposition players or something.

Nah - just that the Aussies aren't fast enough to get to the ball before an AB in cover would have beaten them.:)

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
No no no.
Nige can do whatever he wants because some people think he's the best in the world and he's from a home union.
Hell he can even give the ABs coaching during the game when they dont adhere to the laws pertaining to lineouts (not last night).

But he did get very involved in the scrum setups. What was that all about? Both front rows had very quizzical looks on their faces a few times.

Omar Comin'

Chilla Wilson (44)
Yes, CHECK. Not check but I'll play advantage anyway.

The 'check check' calls have been from the TMOs and have resulted in the referee blowing his whistle mid play to look at something they previously missed. They haven't just been interrupting after another stoppage. In this case it wasn't something Owens missed, he asked for it to be checked - and like the refs did all tournament he asked the TMO to look at it while play continued. We simply don't know how the advantage call happened in this case because we can't hear what the TMO and AR's are saying to the ref.

Grant NZ

Bill Watson (15)
Nah - just that the Aussies aren't fast enough to get to the ball before an AB in cover would have beaten them.:)

It would have bounced up for an Aussie. But then Beauden Barrett would have pulled off one of his trademark late game chases and saved the day.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
This is "advertised" on You Tube as the "Best Drop Goal EVER"
The effort from Dan Carter last night at the 69:22 minute mark was gooder, and in the context of the match it put the final nail in the Wobs comeback coffin.

Can't find it on you tube yet but it will be there soon.
495107528-dan-carter-of-the-new-zealand-all-blacks-gettyimages.jpg

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
It's an 80 minute game, and often the efforts in the 10 minutes either side of oranges, and the last 5 minutes dictate who wins.

Little surprise who the winner was given that the 3 tries from The Darkness happened on the stroke of Oranges, 2 minutes after oranges, and in the final minute of the game.

AUS were simply outplayed and outlasted.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Yeah the championship minutes, the five either side of half time, are what won the AB's the chocolates last night. They put two tries on us and iced the game.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Look, just leave the fucking ref-bashing alone or I will crack some virtual skulls.
There will be near zero tolerance for any more of it, nor personal sniping at each other and Nigel Owens.
I'm sleep-deprived, never had a chance to be drunk enough to forget, am on call for work, and the local supply of coffee may not get me through, so not worth pushing the buttons!

pilot

Allen Oxlade (6)
Watching the replay now. Owens let the game flow and only really missed the one knock on. Technically he could have blown the whistle more often but we would be complaining about that too if he did. Touchy can be blamed for forward pass. Free flowing game really and thats what we all would have preferred. Wasn't to be for the Wallabies. Tactics in first half poor. Kicked way too much. Fardy, Pockock and Hooper enormous. AB controlled the match from beginning to end and if it wasn't for the above 3 it would have been a massacre. Carter's game was legendary.

pjm

Billy Sheehan (19)
The video vision shows the ball was long gone from Carter's boot before Retallick made any contact with McCalman.

Actually the footage shows Retallick moving laterally across the field after Carter has the ball. He moves into McCalmans path forcing McCalman to swerve and be unable to attempt a diving charge down.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
No he didn't blue. What he did do was aid the All Blacks momentum in the first half when they certainly did not need any help. A clearly forward pass, an accidental obstruction, a holding onto the pill penalty and a few other non-calls that could have stuttered their progress and prevented maybe 10 odd points.

They were the best side on the day and deserve their win but Owens had a poor first half. We cannot complain too much as we have had our fair share of receiving the rub of the green in this RWC.

Refs make mistakes. It's moot. Rarely does a ref really cost a team a game. And I include Scotland who as we did against the AB's. could not secure a critical lineout on the dying minutes. So screw them and screw us.

Look I get it, I would be as pissed. But other than the forward pass which was blatant and I cannot understand how he and Barnes missed it, I could completely understand the other misses due to the speed of the game and the angle at which the ref sees things (which is one angle). That makes it so hard.

As for the cards / non-cards. Yellow was right. Some refs would have given red but I think in extreme cases only. Kepu was super lucky. Really lucky. Even the Aussie comms agreed.

We need to accept that the refs are going to miss things. The only way to overcome this is that the video ref can interject at ANY time. I don't happen to think that would be a good idea.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
It is purely by luck that the result would have been no different had a competent ref been appointed.
Th right result was achieved despite Owens' unsuitability to the task.

Owens was consistently the best ref in this cup by a mile.

He got the final because he deserved it.

By your logic EVERY ref is shit because almost without fail they all miss stuff. All the time.

Refs cop it in all sports. NFL. All the time. Soccer. All the time, NBA. All the time. Cricket. All the time.

From time to time all of us feel shafted when our team loses but we need to get perspective. Unless the game becomes refereed by three guys sitting in front of big screens with near real time angles, we are going to see blunders. I think it's quite remarkable that we are not seeing more than we are.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Looks like Boris Johnson isn't the only Pom that likes smashing into little kids. Shame.

Classy response by both Sonny Bill and Shag Hanson.

Footage from Brazil's Alma Rugby.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Official IRB 2015 Rugby World Cup Victory Parade

Muslim-men-pray-in-the-st-001_zpsnuennlsb.jpg

Human Gridlock in downtown Onehunga.

Muslim-men-pray-in-the-st-001_zpsnuennlsb.jpg

Similar scenes in Otahuhu.

nzrwc2015_zpsdqoc0jjd.jpg

"Attention, motherf**krs.

"The Funeral Procession and Celebration of The Dead Dreams of The Foreigners will begin here and continue on to Eden Park, then meander down to Athletic Park, then wind past Lancaster Park and finally will come to rest at Carisbrook where we will proceed to party like it's 10666.

Oh, and by the way, I see some of you idiots have turned up today wearing jandals. Please go home now and change into some sturdier footwear. Thank you. Hurry up, we'll be waiting here for you. Thenks."

Google AD
43dfc8bb-2307-483c-8493-39c29a8654d3_zpsdbea9f10.jpg

fun3.jpg

Banners say "Thank You, All Blacks. Thank you for Killing All Dreams of Foreigner in broad daylight and then, once the floodlights came on, killing them by cloak of darkness."

"And now we briefly halt the parade to witness The Official Burning of All Of The Dreams of The Foreigners":

fun4.jpg

"We sit and solemnly observe as the futile hopes and dreams of ALL of the assorted foreigners go up in motherfucking smoke."

May the embers smoulder for 1,000 motherfucking goddamn years or at least until 2019, whichever comes first."Amen, my motherf**kers."

Unrelated Picture of 007 Sean Connery visiting the United Nations building:

connery.jpg

"It's easy. Winners go home and fuck the prom queen. Hello? Can you wankers even hear me?"

fun5.jpg

"Iron Will of Captain Mccaw is carried in casket to top of Mt Sinai Onehunga where it will be lit with golden torch, similar to Olympic one, to burn, and burn brightly, for 1,000 motherfucking years. Maybe longer. Maybe even until 2019.

"Weight of casket is 800 kilotonnes.

"Thank you to assembled chinamen volunteer of Howick for carrying casket.I know, I know, it's heavy.

Google SPONSOR
168199ea-ab2e-443d-8ec1-30e946311220_zps77gmhq9k.png

"Victory Parade has now made it to Christchurch holy shit my feet are killing me, anyway, Captain Mccaw's modest dwelling in the centre of sunny downtown Christchurch is today closed to public.

"Actually, it's always closed to public as the only way to enter is "through the gate behind the hindmost feet" and still, after 14 years, nobody knows where the f**k that is. Even Richie's mum. Richie's vanquished rivals certainly do not know. In fact, the bones of their failed attempts are housed now and forevermore in The Pool of Death (the circular structure seen below, situated adjacent to the Mccaw Residence)

exterior-florence-cathedral-and-bap.jpg

The morning after The Victory and Mccaw lands back in NZ at his favourite Lancaster Park beach:
mccawship_zpsd4frp0wq.gif
"WATCH OUT F**KERS, I'M BACK."

Mccaw, seen here calmly making his way to Lancaster Park from the beach:

training_wheelie_zps85f25f31.gif

....and by 9 a.m, The All Black Captain, The RT Hon Dr R.H.M.B.A Mccaw, is somehow already sequestered back in his private All Blacks office in the bowels of Lancaster Park, already selecting next years team:

sa4.gif
"M-C-A-W... oh shit two C's isn't it, I always stuff that one up, where's the bloody twink...."

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
All Blacks are worthy world chamions, they've been the best team over the past 4 years and have in Carter and McCaw two of the all-time greats. Throughout his career, Carter has been an ornament to the game and exudes class on and off the field. A masterful display of in all facets of 5/8 play. If nothing else, playing in a winning World Cup final team and being named man of the match is a fitting way for him to finish his international career.

Wallaby supporters should all be proud of our team. Look at the shambles that we were just over a year ago. It speaks volume for Michael Cheika, his assistants and the players that we not only played in the final, but made the best team in the world work hard for the win.

First time I've ever heard advantage over on a foul play infringement, but at the end of the day, Owen did a good and made far fewer errors than most referees would. Garces and Owen were the standout refs of the tournament.

Status
Not open for further replies.