• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC 2015 Final - Australia v New Zealand, Twickenham, Sunday 1 November, 3:00 AEDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

teach

Trevor Allan (34)
T
Just saw the video of the kid running into the pitch.

SBW really stuffed up by giving him the medal. It was enough to take him back to his parents and give him a hug.

And the little turd shouldn't have accepted it. How does he think he has any rights to it? Not to mention his parents doing nothing about.

To be fair the kid did offer to give it back at the time.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member

SBW really stuffed up by giving him the medal. It was enough to take him back to his parents and give him a hug.

And the little turd shouldn't have accepted it. How does he think he has any rights to it? Not to mention his parents doing nothing about.

You think? SBW came off as a truly great guy and took over the media with a great act benevolence. Then SBW was given another medal win\win

Now the cynic in me may think these acts can be contrived to improve someone's brand, but SBW just doesn't come across like that

USARugger

John Thornett (49)

Going to go out on a limb here and say there's a chance he may feel he has rights to a lot of things in life.

Pretty bad look in regards to encouraging pitch invasion but at the end of the day I can't understand why this is getting so much press, either.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Well, he does attend a school worth about 12,000 quid a term, so draw your own conclusions about that.
Maybe "costing" is the better word. ;)
Yeah, I send my son to a private school, but I'm under no illusion it's "worth" what I pay for it. But that's my own irrational choice! Certainly, where I live , the local free option is not much chop at all.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
You and your fancy doctor words.

Was looking at the fees and it includes a 3-course lunch apparently. Fuck I'd be telling the kid to stock up on the artisan bread rolls for that kind of moolah! :)

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
You and your fancy doctor words.

Was looking at the fees and it includes a 3-course lunch apparently. Fuck I'd be telling the kid to stock up on the artisan bread rolls for that kind of moolah! :)

Fill his pockets with oysters, take some zip-lock bags and stuff them full of Beluga caviar. Starting to look like value!

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Talking about private schools, apparently only 10% of New Zealand's kids are in the private school system.

I wonder what we can learn from that???

Reactions: gel

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Talking about private schools, apparently only 10% of New Zealand's kids are in the private school system.

That the demographics that are interested in rugby union are substantially different in New Zealand than they are here?

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
That most of our state schools are pretty good, and you can get a decent education,without forking out big money for a private school.

As it is here in Australia. Problem being every different fucking state has their own idea what that looks like.

In any case: no matter how good a school you send your kid to, if they're dumb as a stump then the elite private school level is for networking purposes, mainly. I live near one of the new "School of the Future" setups that Mike Baird has invested in for NSW. Its fucking impressive, but the wife still wants to look at the Catholic lot up the road.

I'm backing which ever one costs less. How the fuck will we get to Japan 2019 otherwise?

southsider

Arch Winning (36)

Looking at the poor spelling and grammar by kiwis on social media like facebook that doesn't surprise me one little bit.........

teach

Trevor Allan (34)
If they are as dumb as a stump, get them to a state school with a decent work experience program and have them start learning a trade. Plumbers, builders, mechanics etc need fuck all in the way of networking.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
GST of 15% on school fees is a big disincentive.

Going well off-topic here, but: Not if income tax is slashed at the same time.

Make it 20% flat above a threshold of $20K, no exceptions. Rein in some of the more bullshit writeoffs, simplify the whole system and give people the responsibility for their own spending via GST.

I poured cash into my own education, paid back every cent with a little interest, but now I pay more tax for the privilege? Fuck. That.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
If they are as dumb as a stump, get them to a state school with a decent work experience program and have them start learning a trade. Plumbers, builders, mechanics etc need fuck all in the way of networking.

"Our little Tarquin? A tradesman?!! Now see here teach: my wife might love our pool cleaner - perhaps a bit too much for a man not to be suspicious - but that is NOT going to happen while I'm a Partner at the firm!"

;)

teach

Trevor Allan (34)
Looking at the poor spelling and grammar by kiwis on social media like facebook that doesn't surprise me one little bit...

Ha ha.
Private schools don't automatically deliver the best education, which I think is what you are implying. They do seem to get an unfairly large slice of the pie when it comes to funding though, which can hide a lot of shortcomings. Take into account they get a lot of upper to middle class students with highly educated, highly paid parents, there is no reason for them not to do well.

Ben Smith's old school was the top boys school in NZ a couple of years back and is just a bog standard state school, with a lot of what you would call Houso kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.