• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC 2015 Semi Final 1 - NZ vs RSA Twickenham

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bardon

Peter Fenwicke (45)
It was a pretty competitive game. The 10 point swing at the start of the second half was crucial. SA got back within touching distance but never looked like they were going to go back in front. ABs closed the game out really well.

ACR

Bob Davidson (42)
Fuaaah. I both hate and love South Africa. Hate for them for being so good and love them for being so good. Game could have gone either way. Damn what a game.

That Matfield penalty reversal was both harsh and a huge turner. Then we got a huge roll on but sbw kicked it away, never kick sonny, never! Then sa got down to the 22 but AB's lineout won us the game really.

ACR

Bob Davidson (42)
Well played SA. Sad way to go out for some legends but maybe in no bigger a match.

Omar Comin'

Chilla Wilson (44)
I thought it was a pretty poor game, only interesting because it was close and the context. The Springboks offered absolutely nothing in attack besides the maul and up and unders, while the All Blacks kept them in it through stupid, unnecessary penalties and by kicking the ball away too many times when already in good attacking areas (especially near the end of the first half). From a Wallabies perspective I'd have preferred South Africa to go through but I think I'm happier that South Africa's style of rugby isn't going to win the tournament.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
image.png

Fuuuuck yeeeeeeaaaaaah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone
But
South
Africa (tick)
France (tick)
England (tick, if c/- Straya)

ABSAFE rule upheld, me happy :) :) :)

ACR

Bob Davidson (42)
I thought it was a pretty poor game, only interesting because it was close and the context. The Springboks offered absolutely nothing in attack besides the maul and up and unders, while the All Blacks kept them in it through stupid, unnecessary penalties and by kicking the ball away too many times when already in good attacking areas (especially near the end of the first half). From a Wallabies perspective I'd have preferred South Africa to go through but I think I'm happier that South Africa's style of rugby isn't going to win the tournament.

I think you've summed it up pretty much perfectly.

Cassius88

Sydney Middleton (9)

So well said. SA were never going to go the length of the field at the end there.

Can anyone explain the thought process behind the ABs kicking the ball away? It wasn't even for field position as half the time they were kicking from 20m out.

Cassius88

Sydney Middleton (9)

So well said. SA were never going to go the length of the field at the end there.

Can anyone explain the thought process behind the ABs kicking the ball away? It wasn't even for field position as half the time they were kicking from 20m out.

T

TOCC

I wasn't sure who i wanted to win that game but caught myself cheering for South Africa towards the end..

Well played by South Africa, they played a solid and disciplined game, but they never looked like scoring a try.

Hell West & Crooked

Alex Ross (28)

Pretty much agree with all that - heard some Commentators talking about an 'epic' test match - and had to scratch my head, wondering what game they were watching... the right team went through - either Argentina or Australia should have to beat New Zealand to win this thing...

It was a decent Game - and I think the weather helped to keep the result tight...

ACR

Bob Davidson (42)
Things that stick out.

100% Goal Kicking SA
Metres run with ball
Defenders beaten
Lineouts
Penalties

Oh, and just realised a drop goal won us the game. Not since Ireland in NZ. Same fella.

xllblu.jpg

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)

You're aware it rained right?

Status
Not open for further replies.