• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC 2015 Semi Final 2 - Australia v Argentina Twickenham, Monday 19 October, 2:45 AEDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
He'll stuggle, with the logjam in front of him. Pocock and Hooper might still be around when he's 30. We forget how young they are.

If the next captain is chosen on "looks", (i.e. on Twitter, by teenage school-girls), it will be Sam Carter!!

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
If history repeats, the Wallabies will be the 2015 champions, given that New Zealand has never won a RWC offshore, and no country (e.g. Argentina) has won, after losing a pool-match. I hope history is ready to 'repeat'!

Pedrolicus

Dick Tooth (41)
If history repeats, the Wallabies will be the 2015 champions, given that New Zealand has never won a RWC offshore, and no country (e.g. Argentina) has won, after losing a pool-match. I hope history is ready to 'repeat'!
Teams have made the final after losing a pool match though.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
3 teams have made a final after losing a pool match though..and the two previous RWC finals have been pool rematches.

Could have a third on our hands.

Not like it matters. As with the Bledisloe #2, I'm not expecting anyone to be able to beat the ABs in what is fairly rude form. You can say they struggled to win that game, but you'd be lying. My guess is, if the Boks couldn't get back in front with 12 minutes on the clock and a guy who can kick goals from halfway, then the ABs weren't exactly troubled.

Different kind of victory to a try-laden thrashing, but victory nonetheless, and achieved with aplomb and simple contesting of the ball at the breakdown.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
I thought the Boks did more to strangle their chances,than the AB's did.
It's no good having a 50m goal kicker,if your game plan ensures you are trapped in your 22 without the fucking ball for 80% of the game.
IMO, the AB's lineout was the one part of their game that was clearly superior.
I thought scrums & breakdowns were pretty even.
I just don't get how the Boks made 2 good busts in 13 channel very early,then proceeded to play 9 man Rugby for the rest of the game.
The last penalty goal summed them up.10 to go,5 behind.
Try for 3 & hope you can get back down there again,or kick to the corner a heap the pressure on.
Serves them right,negative pricks....

No4918

John Hipwell (52)

In the last two RWCs both finalists have come from the same pool. History better not repeat.

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
Could have a third on our hands.

Not like it matters. As with the Bledisloe #2, I'm not expecting anyone to be able to beat the ABs in what is fairly rude form. You can say they struggled to win that game, but you'd be lying. My guess is, if the Boks couldn't get back in front with 12 minutes on the clock and a guy who can kick goals from halfway, then the ABs weren't exactly troubled.

Different kind of victory to a try-laden thrashing, but victory nonetheless, and achieved with aplomb and simple contesting of the ball at the breakdown.

Worth remembering, Pfitzy, that the following players in tomorrow's starting 15 were not in the starting 15 at BC #2: Slipper, Douglas, Simmons, Pocock, Genia, Foley, Mitchell, and Giteau!

Reactions: Tex

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Worth remembering, Pfitzy, that the following players in tomorrow's starting 15 were not in the starting 15 at BC #2: Slipper, Douglas, Simmons, Pocock, Genia, Foley, Mitchell, and Giteau!
Also worth remembering that Nonu didn't play in Sydney.

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)

I feel like Bledisloe #1. Why not?

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
He'll stuggle, with the logjam in front of him. Pocock and Hooper might still be around when he's 30. We forget how young they are.

Correct. It feels like Michael Hooper has been around forever as tonight he celebrates his 50th test. He's the fastest ever to get there ahead of Al Baxter and George North. He's also the youngest ever at just 23.

Bring it on Hoops!

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Correct. It feels like Michael Hooper has been around forever as tonight he celebrates his 50th test. He's the fastest ever to get there ahead of Al Baxter and George North. He's also the youngest ever at just 23.

Bring it on Hoops!

And a forward, not a back in a skirt - brings even more credit to his achievement.

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
You realise that this is the internet?;)

History will not judge us fondly.

my take in 06:

tarot_tower2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.