• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bazarov

^^ Just the thing needed for the Poms to sneak into the 2nd place in our Pool, instead of Wales. :mad: ABE.
go FIJI!

Gee I hope Halfpenny can play for Wales. Although Webb might be an even bigger loss for the Welsh, except for Halfpenny's goalkicking.

Dai bando

Charlie Fox (21)
Webb our No9 was player of the year up here, 1/2p well no need for an introduction, is goal kicking is amongst the best in the world, his positional play is right up there too, courageous with a capital C,
I once had the good fortune to talk to him and I asked him why he tackles on times with his head the wrong side he just looked and said if I just use my arms they could break the tackle with my head there I stop them. hmmm!
Webb and Bigger have had a very good season together an understanding has developed between them, that now will be missing from our back line
Also Jamie Roberts is injured (ribs) he organises the defensive line but our biggest loss would be Alun-Wyn Jones knee ligament damage, the coaches are trying to down play it but, he looked in a great deal of pain when he was tackled and went down with his leg under him,
I have said this before on many sites, If we have a full team we are a match for anyone, but our strength in depth is not there so a few injuries and we struggle, I can only hope Alun Wyn And jamies injuries are not too bad.
will Keep you up to date

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Those two outs are pretty big for Wales. If nothing else, 1/2p's goal kicking is worth a spot in the team and he's a tough little bugger too. If Roberts and AWJ are struggling then that's massive for the Welsh.

RedCard

Peter Burge (5)
Injuries looked to be very painful for both and would be surprised if either would be available any time soon. Wales would be very lucky if 2 replacements don't have to be called in already. At the end of the day there are replacements there which are very capable but any further injuries and the cupboard is starting to look bare. Not a good place to be before the rwc even starts. Liam Williams is now key but not having played since surgery is a massive risk. Could have done with him taking over from Cuthbert who is dogshite right now but looks like we are stuck with him on the wing. Just hope the others who have niggle like AWJ are fit and ready to go soon.

Atleast we have our excuses building early which might lower expectations as we prefer the good old underdog tag.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Gatland with the Welsh game plan on hearing the news
paper-shredding.jpg

the plastic paddy

John Solomon (38)
If the Bandy legged assassin is ok after his foot op, 1/2p loss might not be quite so egregious. You would have preferred Williams to slot in for Cuthbert as there are oil tankers that turn quicker than the giant winger but Biggar is a very respectable kicker even if he is not in the 1/2p league (who is?).

However, if Webb is gone, and it looks like he is, Wales are fucked. Apart from Conor Murray, Webb is the best 9 in Europe. The back up is not in the same league.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
According to the Rugby Banter Facebook page, this is what GEM are showing.

11219019_1190045624342615_8270510589041995951_n.jpg
Queensland fans have to be on their toes though as they've listed it all as AEST but it flicks to AEDT for the England match onwards

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Dai bando

Charlie Fox (21)
1/2p and Webb out, Mike Phillips and Eli Walker (wing) has been called up, Very strange, Bigger is indeed a very good kicker, after him the cupboard is bare, the general consensus was to bring in Hook 75 caps, kicks and covers 10,13,15, me thinks he has upset someone.

Status
Not open for further replies.