• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC 2019 1/4 Final England vs Australia

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
That gentlemen is quite a good Pom team I think, f***en awesome pack by the looks of it. Little surprised with Farrell at 10, think their double playmaker has looked good.

Spruce Moose

Fred Wood (13)
Ford was their weakness which they have now removed, thats the best english team for ball in hand rugby. Signifies that Eddie isn't planning on that much kicking and England will be doing hard running at our defensive line all day.

Lawes and Itoje are great around the park, however their set piece will suffer a little. Wallabies should really look a pressuring the scrum and line out this game (seems weird to be saying a Wallabies side has a better set piece than England!).

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Ford was their weakness which they have now removed, thats the best english team for ball in hand rugby. Signifies that Eddie isn't planning on that much kicking and England will be doing hard running at our defensive line all day.

Lawes and Itoje are great around the park, however their set piece will suffer a little. Wallabies should really look a pressuring the scrum and line out this game (seems weird to be saying a Wallabies side has a better set piece than England!).
Ford had been looking great. Not sure how you see him as their weakness. Farrell hasn't done much of anything for a while besides shank a bunch of kicks. He can tackle and that may be why he's there but they've lost a proper ball player.

Ulrich

Nev Cottrell (35)
Eddie is smart.

Whenever non-running teams try to out-run Australia, they lose. England way back, the Boks in 2011.

So instead they will be bullying up the middle, with deft kicks here and there before spreading the ball to their quick wings. Farrel to absorb the brunt of the Kerevi blows, leaving Ford with finishing later.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
The Eggchasers latest tweet:

Ford in the form of his life. Farrell coming off the back of a stinker. Slade hardly any game time since an injury lay off. HUGE call. Inspired or insanity? #ENGvAUS

It's interesting that both coaches are making big selection decisions in this game.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Eddie is smart.

Whenever non-running teams try to out-run Australia, they lose. England way back, the Boks in 2011.

So instead they will be bullying up the middle, with deft kicks here and there before spreading the ball to their quick wings. Farrel to absorb the brunt of the Kerevi blows, leaving Ford with finishing later.

Had to laugh at this Twitter post from @rugbysmartarse:

so for the biggest game of the cup so far, and in an Era of high attention to the tackle, with Ben Skeen as TMO, Eddie selects the Venus De Milo of rugby at 10. feeling better today

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
It's funny how your can get stuck in a critical bubble around your team and forget on the otherside of the world people are just as critical of theirs :)

If the proposed list goes ahead, surely people are happy, there is like what, only 3 Waratahs players in the game day team :)

Like others, I'm ok if they take a punt on this game. The coaches would know where Petaia is at and if we have to look for some sort of edge, well he potentially provides one. I also don't even mind Genia starting. A lot of the England players would have played against White. I think if you can present a picture where they don't already know what the other player is likely to do that also can give you an edge. I just hope he steps up this game as well as CLL.

WTF?

Tom Lawton (22)
It looks like England are staying in my hotel. Grabbed some lunch earlier and bumped into Eddie and the coaching team at the cafe. Tried to hold my tongue, sort of....

Sat down and table next door was Slade, Nowell and the reserve hooker Luke with an Exeter team mate, Welsh prop Thomas Francis.

Heading into Oita tonight to see if the atmosphere matches London in 2015. I hope so.

Spruce Moose

Fred Wood (13)
Ford had been looking great. Not sure how you see him as their weakness. Farrell hasn't done much of anything for a while besides shank a bunch of kicks. He can tackle and that may be why he's there but they've lost a proper ball player.

Ford has looked good against Tonga and a 14 man Argentina, I would take his RWC form with a grain of salt. He may have improved but from what I have seen of England in Six Nations against good teams is that England are better with Farrel at 10 with two big running centres. Ford can sometimes be ponderous with ball in hand and is who opposition target when running at the defensive line.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
EHEBGr9UYAEutll.png:large

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
It looks like England are staying in my hotel. Grabbed some lunch earlier and bumped into Eddie and the coaching team at the cafe. Tried to hold my tongue, sort of..

Sat down and table next door was Slade, Nowell and the reserve hooker Luke with an Exeter team mate, Welsh prop Thomas Francis.

Heading into Oita tonight to see if the atmosphere matches London in 2015. I hope so.

Im sure you would get a decent return form a GoFundMe campaign if you managed to disrupt the English teams sleep the night before the game...... :cool:

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
A punt on Petaia, although Beale is more of a question mark for me - a quick turnaround on the head knock 'return to play protocol' and not in form besides.

And the Pooper? Could well be the last it is seen!

jollyswagman

Ron Walden (29)
It looks like England are staying in my hotel. Grabbed some lunch earlier and bumped into Eddie and the coaching team at the cafe. Tried to hold my tongue, sort of..

Susie? Is that you? If it is you, give me a call......I have a little job for you ;-)

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Ok so surprised that Petaia has got the 13 Jersey, but I did say do you think they could do it earlier in the week. Plus remember someone posted that Scott Johnson had said at a dinner, that they were dealing with Australia's best ever center which is a massive call, but obviously his tore it up at training and is just that freakishly good otherwise you wouldnt risk it.

There's been a few young guys tear it up when they aint that experience, the guy Jordy replace JOC (James O'Connor) was something of a special 19 year old.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
I'll make the same comment that I always do which usually results in comments like 'blue coloured glasses' etc. But it can't this time..

..I reckon the coaches have a better idea who to pick than we do.