• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC 2019 England vs Argentina

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Watching that first half after the Uruguay game made me realise Wallabies need to take a lot more liberties with protecting our own rucks, fkn lock it down, no one else is supporting their body weight.

Said it a couple of times in the match thread, do whatever you want if you're the first man there. Itoje seals off every ruck.

ACR

Desmond Connor (43)
Watching that first half after the Uruguay game made me realise Wallabies need to take a lot more liberties with protecting our own rucks, fkn lock it down, no one else is supporting their body weight.

They stopped penalising the second player sealing the ball off years ago. Now they only penalise the ridiculous ones.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Watching the rwc has given me a new appreciation for the referees in my local comp who actually do penalise players for bridging and going off their feet at the ruck.

And england get the bonus point and Farrell makes the conversion, the commentators explode - clean up in aisle 4.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
This has to be the biggest fizzer of the world cup thus far.

What are the odds of a red in the final? It might be a good thing. Will force them to reassess the current model.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
I'd be attacking that 9, Ben Youngs, if I was playing England. Shitty box kick and fumbles around at the base a lot.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
This has to be the biggest fizzer of the world cup thus far.

What are the odds of a red in the final? It might be a good thing. Will force them to reassess the current model.

Crazy idea but i agree. Get people pissed off enough maybe there will be some action.

But lets not get ahead of ourselves. Im already frightened about what may come to pass in the japan v samoa game. The other game i was looking forward to today. Imagine if the japanese cop a game changing red at this point in the cup.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
God cant they just do some kind of mercy rule and can this game and move on? When i mean mercy i mean on the spectators who wanted a contest.

I want japan v samoa now!

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
God cant they just do some kind of mercy rule and can this game and move on? When i mean mercy i mean on the spectators who wanted a contest.

I want japan v samoa now!
Yeah casuals who switched this on ahead of the NRL final will be wondering why the fuck anyone bothers.

ACR

Desmond Connor (43)
Where did they get this 10 from? Sanchez must be filthy he lost his spot to him.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Were the commentators just confusing Cubelli with Matera? Seems a hard mistake to make.