• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC: ARG v GEO (Kingsholm) - Pool C

Status
Not open for further replies.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Argentina: 15 Joaquin Tuculet, 14 Santiago Cordero, 13 Marcelo Bosch, 12 Juan Martin Hernandez, 11 Juan Imhoff, 10 Nicolas Sanchez, 9 Tomas Cubelli, 8 Leonardo Senatore, 7 Juan Martin Fernandez Lobbe, 6 Pablo Matera, 5 Tomas Lavanini, 4 Guido Petti, 3 Nahuel Tetaz Chaparro, 2 Agustin Creevy (c), 1 Marcos Ayerza
Replacements: 16 Julian Montoya, 17 Lucas Noguera, 18 Ramiro Herrera, 19 Mariano Galarza, 20 Juan Manuel Leguizamon, 21 Martin Landajo, 22 Jeronimo De La Fuente, 23 Lucas Gonzalez Amorosino

Georgia: 15 Merab Kvirikashvili, 14 Tamaz Mchedlidze, 13 Davit Kacharava, 12 Merab Sharikadze, 11 Giorgi Aptsiauri, 10 Lasha Malaguradze, 9 Vasil Lobzhanidze, 8 Mamuka Gorgodze (c), 7 Viktor Kolelishvili, 6 Giorgi Tkhilaishvili, 5 Konstantin Mikautadze, 4 Giorgi Nemsadze, 3 Davit Zirakashvili, 2 Jaba Bregvadze, 1 Mikheil Nariashvili
Replacements: 16 Shalva Mamukashvili, 17 Karlen Asieshvili, 18 Levan Chilachava, 19 Levan Datunashvili, 20 Shalva Sutiashvili, 21 Giorgi Begadze, 22 Giorgi Pruidze, 23 Muraz Giorgadze

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
19.5 point start for Georgia is pretty tempting.

Get the feeling Argentina might be a little flat after the ABs and Georgia set piece is capable of gaining momentum on the scoreboard.

Omar Comin'

Chilla Wilson (44)
Argentina have been good in this second half but the ref has done Georgia no favours at all. Pretty harsh yellow card against Georgia, which ends up being the crucial decision of the game, and then none for Argentina when the situation's reversed.

Omar Comin'

Chilla Wilson (44)
Well another ref might have given the penalty to Georgia. I think he was alright at first but by the end wasn't supporting his body weight. I think the card could be justified but it was harsh and there was no consistency. When Georgia were hot on attack and Argentina infringed cynically (offside) at about 65 minutes there was no card. I also think the instance of the Argentinian lock purposely knocking down the Georgian chasing his own kick should have been a yellow in the first half. If some of these decisions go Georgia's way it's an entirely different match.

The scoreline is overly flattering but Argentina were very good in that 2nd half. Great skill and interplay between their backs and forwards. I think they're definitely contenders in this tournament, which is great. It's a bit scary for some of the teams in Super Rugby that the vast majority of their team will be playing for the Argentinian franchise!

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Georgia very competitive in the first half. The yellow card to the Gerogian captain the turning point.

First time I've seen this JP Doyle referee and I was extremely underwhelmed. Seemed to approach the match with the view that the Tier 1 team had a right to win the match and that it was his job to make sure that the Tier 2 team were put in their place. Even the Scottish commentator remarked on a few occasions about tough calls going against the Georgians and highlighted a couple which were just plain wrong.

When they got going, Argentina were impressive with ball iin hand.

I was also pleased with the progress that Georgia have made. They've progressed beyond a one dimensional team with a good scrum - the lineout needs improvement, but they were reasonably adventurous with ball in hand.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
Georgia very competitive in the first half. The yellow card to the Gerogian captain the turning point.

First time I've seen this JP Doyle referee and I was extremely underwhelmed. Seemed to approach the match with the view that the Tier 1 team had a right to win the match and that it was his job to make sure that the Tier 2 team were put in their place. Even the Scottish commentator remarked on a few occasions about tough calls going against the Georgians and highlighted a couple which were just plain wrong.

When they got going, Argentina were impressive with ball iin hand.

I was also pleased with the progress that Georgia have made. They've progressed beyond a one dimensional team with a good scrum - the lineout needs improvement, but they were reasonably adventurous with ball in hand.

i commented on the RWC thread about the need for the refereeing to be completely "balanced" with no preconceptions, for the tier 2 teams to have any chance of competing with the established nations. this is a prime example of what i was referring to. i just can't fathom how the refs can go into a game without a blank sheet and just penalise or not on a consistent basis what they see. Georgia completely dudded, the Pumas are good enough to win on their own, don't require any help from the refs.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Thought the ref was harsh towards Argentina personally. The minnows are proving they can't keep it up, have a good first week, poor 2nd week.

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
Only 11-9 after 33 mins? 14-9 after 44 mins? wft happened oops there you go Gorgodze got binned cue broad daylight jailbreak marathon at local park. Light at end of tunnel? No, sorry, it is Jailbreak Tunnel. 50 points later.

Felt a bit sorry for Georgian backs. They are just mini forwards. "You are too small to be forward. You are failure. You stand over there and wait. When ball come, try to be brave. Like forward."

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Final score flattered Argentina.....as yellow card that should not have been awarded turning point....

Georgia are better side than score suggests and been big fan of them to join six nations rugby championship as they are way better than italy....

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
Georgia are better side than score suggests and been big fan of them to join six nations rugby championship as they are way better than italy..
Italy are very stylish. They have nice hair.

Georgia is receding hair and no bag.

Except for clear plastic grocery bag to carry boots in*.

*Georgia backs carry forwards boot. Georgia backs are like errant child with cavity underdeveloped chest. But of course full beard from age of 13. They are backs not women!**

**women full beard late development. 16.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
I have to agree that the yellow card as tough call. But I think that the Argies would still have run over the top of the Georgians in the end.

Agree that Argentina would have won regardless more just not seen quite the
Italy are very stylish. They have nice hair.

Georgia is receding hair and no bag.

Except for clear plastic grocery bag to carry boots in*.

*Georgia backs carry forwards boot. Georgia backs are like errant child with cavity underdeveloped chest. But of course full beard from age of 13. They are backs not women!**

**women full beard late development. 16.

Italy has not really improved since joining the six nations......spaghetti rugby not really going anywhere

Status
Not open for further replies.