• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC: ARG v SA - 3RD-PLACE PLAYOFF

Status
Not open for further replies.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
It may be the match no one wants to play, and some don't want played at all, but still deserves a thread IMO.

Date: Friday, October 30
Venue: Olympic Park, London
Kick-off: 20:00 GMT
Referee: John Lacey (Ireland)
Assistant referees: Glen Jackson (New Zealand), Chris Pollock (New Zealand)
Television match official: Graham Hughes

Argentina: 15 Lucas Gonzalez Amorosino, 14 Santiago Cordero, 13 Matias Moroni, 12 Jeronimo De La Fuente, 11 Horacio Agulla, 10 Nicolás Sánchez (c), 9 Tomas Cubelli, 8 Juan Manuel Leguizamon, 7 Juan Martin Fernandez Lobbe, 6 Javier Ortega Desio, 5 Tomas Lavanini, 4 Matias Alemanno, 3 Ramiro Herrera, 2 Julian Montoya, 1 Marcos Ayerza.
Replacements: 16 Lucas Noguera, 17 Juan Pablo Orlandi, 18 Juan Figallo, 19 Guido Petti, 20 Facundo Isa, 21 Martin Landajo, 22 Santiago Gonzalez Iglesias, 23 Juan Pablo Socino.

South Africa: 15 Willie le Roux, 14 JP Pietersen, 13 Jesse Kriel, 12 Damian de Allende, 11 Bryan Habana, 10 Handre Pollard, 9 Ruan Pienaar, 8 Duane Vermeulen, 7 Schalk Burger, 6 Francois Louw, 5 Victor Matfield (c), 4 Eben Etzebeth, 3 Frans Malherbe, 2 Bismarck du Plessis, 1 Tendai Mtawarira.
Replacements: 16 Adriaan Strauss, 17 Trevor Nyakane, 18 Jannie du Plessis, 19 Lodewyk de Jager, 20 Willem Alberts, 21 Rudy Paige, 22 Pat Lambie, 23 Jan Serfontein.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Argie coach: Well done for holding the tackle bags, second stringers. I will reward you. Show me what you've got. This is your chance.

Bok coach: Same. Kick. Hit it up. Maul.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Looking forward to this game. Hope the argies stick to the same game as last week but with a little more commonsense in kicking the ball clear

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
I thought it was a foregone conclusion he's done?

Hardly. South African rugby is getting what it wants, to all intents and purposes.

Good luck to the Argies. Would love to see the top three teams being the adventurous ball playing teams.

Dewald Nel

Cyril Towers (30)
Who cares. If we win, we win, well, fuck all. If we lose, another loss in 2015. It's a lose-lose.

And I think we might lose.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Insanity.

Doing the same thing over and over while expecting a different result.

I'm embracing it.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Exactly my point. Our shortfall is a lot more than just gameplan-related.

I agree, but that's where it starts. Look at how Cheik has transformed our play by starting with the right gameplan. Remember how dismal we looked by just playing what's in front of us.

Hell West & Crooked

Alex Ross (28)
Looking forward to this game - tipping Argentina, hard to pic a margin but will say 3 - 7 points...

I think the Argentinians learnt alot about their tactical errors last week, and I am not sure the Bok defence will ask the same questions of them... Finally, i think the Argie players will be up for it, whilst the Boks will be looking for the Airport...​

JJJ

Vay Wilson (31)
I'm also looking forward to this game. It might suck to play it, but we'll still be seeing two great teams at the peak of their conditioning and team-building playing at a neutral venue. That only happens during world cups. And if the Argies win this they have absolutely legit bragging rights over the Boks.

I'll be cheering for the Argies as my new second team, but I'd pick the boks to win. The Argentinians are known for being an emotional side, so it'll be interesting to see which emotion drives them for this match. Patriotism or disappointment?

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
OK so the only change to the Boks side is to demote the in form de Jager to the bench so that Matfield gets to captain at his testimonial?

Pumas by 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.