• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC: AUS v ENG (Twickenham): POOL A; 6am (AEDT) Sunday 4 October

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Exclusive transcript extract from a Match Report, prepared by Henry Lancaster V. Not sure if he is related to Coach Stuart who is also of the House of Lancaster.

CQhiAPHUAAAjcGF.jpg

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
The fact that so few Aussies apparently watched the game (and heaps more watched the mungo game) is I am afraid to say, perhaps a reflection on the IQ level of the majority of Aussies:p. And you can only argue point if you think the Loige final was either more important or a better game, to which I say your opinion isn't worth hearing anyway:D;)!!

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Ok ok, maybe the majority are just to lazy to get out of bed:rolleyes:

Couldn't resist, I'm a bit bored waiting to go out!!

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Didn't your PM Muldoon say something like every Rugby Supporter that stops watching Rugby and starts supporting Loig increases the average IQ of both groups of supporters?

The Snout

Ward Prentice (10)
http://www.foxsports.com.au/rugby/r...re-the-real-deal/story-e6frf4pu-1227557502523

From a Kafer Foxsports article. It pretty much sums up my assessment too.

Not enough strings in the playbook bow.

"..when Stuart Lancaster was interviewed before the Welsh game he said they just had to do our fundamentals right: defence, scrums and line out.
But if we spoke about the fundamentals of the game in Australia, it’d be catch, pass and run.
That’s our mentality.
So when we were very solid in the line out and obviously the scrum as well, you just had this sense everything England were holding onto just all of sudden unravelled.
We took their strengths away from them and played to ours."

Reactions: BDA

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
Hooper seems to give Sanchez a boot to the melon in the process, but as others say if the Citing Bloke doesn't think "Red Card", then the worst is that can happen is it's off to the Gunston Corp Wet Lettuce Leaf Thrash-o-matic.

Giving Sanchez a boot in the melon should be subtracted from the shoulder to Mike Brown's head, to provide the real net value for the offence. Also the size of Brown's head should be taken into account.

Admittedly this opens up the possibility of a player punching one of their own teammates to offset the seriousness of an illegal play. I'd pay to see that.

Lorenzo

Colin Windon (37)
http://www.foxsports.com.au/rugby/r...re-the-real-deal/story-e6frf4pu-1227557502523

From a Kafer Foxsports article. It pretty much sums up my assessment too.

Not enough strings in the playbook bow.

"..when Stuart Lancaster was interviewed before the Welsh game he said they just had to do our fundamentals right: defence, scrums and line out.
But if we spoke about the fundamentals of the game in Australia, it’d be catch, pass and run.
That’s our mentality.
So when we were very solid in the line out and obviously the scrum as well, you just had this sense everything England were holding onto just all of sudden unravelled.
We took their strengths away from them and played to ours."

To be fair, defence, set pieces and kicking probably are the test rugby fundamentals. If Lancaster's men had their fundamentals nailed we likely would have been in a much closer battle. I mean, Foley's first try was the result of shit defence, rather than because Australians have a superior philosophy. Take that try away and we're down to a couple of penalties which we all know can go either way.

The whole catch-pass-run thing has gone wrong on plenty of occasions, also. The wallabies have played plenty of tests over the last decade in which those fundamentals have gone missing and we've suffered as a result.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Giving Sanchez a boot in the melon should be subtracted from the shoulder to Mike Brown's head, to provide the real net value for the offence. Also the size of Brown's head should be taken into account.

Admittedly this opens up the possibility of a player punching one of their own teammates to offset the seriousness of an illegal play. I'd pay to see that.

It wasn't an illegal play offset but how about this from Lote Tuqiri?

Dctarget

Tim Horan (67)
Not too sure if it's been mentioned, but how creepy is Owen Farrell in his kicking routine. Definite crazy eyes.

Reactions: SDR

Lorenzo

Colin Windon (37)
Did the tahs have anyone that could make that penalty kick at the time (which I have calculated to be about 52 metres)?

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
Did the tahs have anyone that could make that penalty kick at the time (which I have calculated to be about 52 metres)?
I would have said Matt Burke but the commentary alluded to it being Peter Hewitt, I can't remember what his range was like.

I remember that well, I think it was more the pissing off down the sideline without telling anyone aspect. Followed up with that horrible kick.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Didn't your PM Muldoon say something like every Rugby Supporter that stops watching Rugby and starts supporting Loig increases the average IQ of both groups of supporters?

He was talking about the kiwis coming to Aus in the 70s, and he actually said it raised the IQ of both countries HJ! One of the many famous Piggy quotes!

Dewald Nel

Cyril Towers (30)
I would have said Matt Burke but the commentary alluded to it being Peter Hewitt, I can't remember what his range was like.

I remember that well, I think it was more the pissing off down the sideline without telling anyone aspect. Followed up with that horrible kick.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Beale definitely could've.

Status
Not open for further replies.