• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC: CAN v ROM (Leicester): Pool D

Status
Not open for further replies.

mxyzptlk

Colin Windon (37)
Romania kick to touch, take the lineout, maul for the final few seconds, and kick to touch bring it to an end.

Romania come back from 15-0 down to win the match 15-17.

Wolfram

Bob McCowan (2)
Canada have played more rugby, but Romania is playing the better second half.

The Canadians will be bitterly disappointed with their second half display, after scoring the 2nd try. I thought they let themselve down with undiscipline and kicking the ball away when in possession.

But yeh, good performance by Romania in the 2nd half, especially their forwards. Contiunally knocked on the Canadian, didnt loose the patiance and finally getting their reward. Buenna Romania!

On a sidenote, in the first half Wayne Barnes repetadly complimented both teams for their work around the park and I never see him behaving like that towards Tier 1 Nations. It left a bad taste in my mouth, not sure if you saw the same way.

mxyzptlk

Colin Windon (37)
The Canadians will be bitterly disappointed with their second half display, after scoring the 2nd try. I thought they let themselve down with undiscipline and kicking the ball away when in possession.

But yeh, good performance by Romania in the 2nd half, especially their forwards. Contiunally knocked on the Canadian, didnt loose the patiance and finally getting their reward. Buenna Romania!

On a sidenote, in the first half Wayne Barnes repetadly complimented both teams for their work around the park and I never see him behaving like that towards Tier 1 Nations. It left a bad taste in my mouth, not sure if you saw the same way.

I didn't catch much of what Barnes said, but I think he may have been complementing them because it rained before the game began (and later in the second half), which made the pitch pretty slick. Yet neither side used that as an excuse, they kept the scrums up, and kept Barnes from being too pedantic. I'm usually not a Barnes fan, but can't really fault what I've seen from him this tournament.

This also puts Romania within reach of Italy. That game just took on a different kind of importance.

Status
Not open for further replies.