• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC Pool C - Australia v Wales - 5AM 25 Sep AEST

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Maybe Bullrush can start his own thread on the topic where he just repeats the same post for eternity.
Well, it is a reply to the same 'we didn't get any 50/50 calls!' post that gets repeated for eternity after every Wallaby loss so take it up with those posters...

Fergo

Allen Oxlade (6)
In January this year it was my 26th year in Australia from Christchurch. I said once I had lived more years in Australia than in NZ I would then support the Wallabies and the local province I live. I have been in St Kilda for 15 years and since my retirement 2 years ago, I head down to AAMI training fields hoping to see the Rebels getting ready for their weekend game. This year I become a Rebel’s member and get the newsletter with what’s happening from week to week. Wearing the jersey for the first time at super round i felt proud I was backing a club that is on the rise, and this confidence was mainly because of young Gordon. The kid at training is a delight to watch. Toughest flyhalf I can recall.

i was at the game in Dunedin this year with 2 former AB’s, one former fullback and one flanker. Both saying that Carter is the country‘s best prospect for the Wallabies to do well at the RWC as long as the Tupou, Bell, and Slippper are fit and if White was not anywhere near him. Eddie stuffed this didn’t he. With all the chat about the Fiji game affecting his confident, it won’t happen, he is too tough for that. He‘ll come out swinging if Eddie‘s game plan is to team him with McDermott and to play off Carter and not the halfback. Carter was not in a position to play a flat attacking game and to spread the ball wide if you play off the halfback. Donaldson was the best option to play with White. Sitting deep in the pocket to hide his defensive weakness. Donaldson will need all the luck this week.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Sure there is.... and he is still on the wrong side of the tackle making no effort to roll away.

He got away with it and that's fine - that's the way rugby goes sometimes. But pretending like Arnold did nothing to make the ball go backwards towards his own team is just weird.
Hold on, do you actually think those are Arnold's hands??? Use some basic anatomy mate.

Tomthumb

Colin Windon (37)
Sure there is.... and he is still on the wrong side of the tackle making no effort to roll away.

He got away with it and that's fine - that's the way rugby goes sometimes. But pretending like Arnold did nothing to make the ball go backwards towards his own team is just weird.

View attachment 17550
Why is the Fijian player holding onto the ball on the ground?

Rebel man

Jim Lenehan (48)
Does that flip Gordon to the bench or out of the 23 entirely?

It's hard to see Donaldson getting dropped given Gordon got dragged after 50 minutes.
This is the worst decision from Eddie, Donaldson has shown nothing at 10. Part of the reason the Tahs were happy to clear him.

What did he offer when he shifted there? Nothing. The problem was White as soon as we hooked him we started to look better

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Well, it is a reply to the same 'we didn't get any 50/50 calls!' post that gets repeated for eternity after every Wallaby loss so take it up with those posters...

FFS

10. If another poster does not understand or agree with your point after 3 or 4 attempts, LET IT GO, WALK AWAY. It is very boring for other posters when the thread gets hijacked by two people having an argument. Let this be your guide:

duty_calls.png

eastman

Arch Winning (36)
Feel for Gordon.

"We back him mate. Young guys make mistakes mate. We back hi-DROPPED"

The only thing Eddie has backed is himself into a corner.
I’m at the stage where I think losing and getting kicked out of the pool stage might be the best outcome for Australian Rugby
Eddie Jones has been an unmitigated disaster on and off the field. For al the hype around Eddie being a media maestro, his shtick has just become incredibly boring. I don’t think he, or the general public, actually care about the ‘outrageous’ statements he makes. He’s made the Wallabies less likeable.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
FFS

10. If another poster does not understand or agree with your point after 3 or 4 attempts, LET IT GO, WALK AWAY. It is very boring for other posters when the thread gets hijacked by two people having an argument. Let this be your guide:

duty_calls.png
Oh…just me?

I’ve said a number of times that the try was awarded, fair play, that’s the way rugby goes etc. I’m not complaining about it, the original point was actually more about the fucken bullshit idea that the Wallabies didn’t get any 50/50 calls.

I agree it’s boring. Try telling that to the posters who keep replying with dumb shit like

‘Arnold was trapped’

Tomthumb

Colin Windon (37)
I don’t really see too big an issue with Donaldson starting at 10 and and Carter on the bench. Welsh game will be an arm wrestle early on and Donaldson out of everyone seems to understand the plan and look confident running it

Gordon’s attacking ability against tired Welsh legs later on may just be the difference

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
This whole saga reminds me of when John Mitchell coached the ABs and selected Ben Blair instead of going with Christian Cullen for the 2003 RWC.

Start Tate and Gordon. Honestly, EJ (Eddie Jones) decided Girdon wouldn’t need any older, experienced player to help and guide him. He talked about how young players would have off days and used Mo’unga as an example. Gordon had an off day - as EJ (Eddie Jones) anticipated - and now he’s getting dropped for it?

For a guy who couldn’t nail down a start in Super Rugby?

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
OK ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I can understand when the squad was picked going "all in" with Gordon, frankly the only other viable options just weren't playing good enough

I can understand the premise of youth over experience when the "experience" hasn't been delivering

What I don't understand is why when you go "all in" that you don't back your play, especially when the next option has only played decently at 15, and then there is no body of work to back it up

ffs Eddie, you made your bet, back it, and build structure around it

Whatever the question, I don't think Donaldson is the answer unless there is no one else who can kick a goal and then 15 is the spot