• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC Pool C - Australia v Wales - 5AM 25 Sep AEST

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Poor Carter Gordon, big fan of him but he should be benched at least at the moment.

Despite clearly designing a gameplan to wreck him, Simon Raiwalui has tweeted that Carter's a great young talent with a big future in front of him and that he'll be the wallabies fly half for a long time to come.
Probably could've apologised for sending Tuisova to absolutely ruin him aha.
It's almost like sending in young players with very limited top flight experience to play world cup rugby isn't the best for their development.

Tomthumb

Colin Windon (37)
It's almost like sending in young players with very limited top flight experience to play world cup rugby isn't the best for their development.
Unless you’ve got a time machine, it’s far too early to assume this isn’t good for his development

Hes a tough kid and will learn and probably bounce back well against Wales

Playing a bad game isn’t unique to young guys

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
I'm going with Wales by 25 points.
Australia's most ignominious RWC exit.
Jones will fuck off to Japan.
Rugby Australia will advertise and get no takers for Head Coach role.
Christ dude, RUOK day was last week but I am asking you now. Did you watch that dude YouTube ranting on the Fiji thread? That helped me through some darkness, maybe you need to watch it again.

Ps, I can be the new Wobs coach if needed, I like the thought of not paying for my supporter gear anymore. Also do they get free RM's? Mine are fucked and it might be easier to be the new Wobs coach then send them away to get fixed.

GPSlads

Chris McKivat (8)
IMG_9592.jpeg

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Christ dude, RUOK day was last week but I am asking you now. Did you watch that dude YouTube ranting on the Fiji thread? That helped me through some darkness, maybe you need to watch it again.

Ps, I can be the new Wobs coach if needed, I like the thought of not paying for my supporter gear anymore. Also do they get free RM's? Mine are fucked and it might be easier to be the new Wobs coach then send them away to get fixed.
Mate, I'm fine. I have reconciled that the Wallabies are, for now, rubbish, and not able to compete with other top 10 teams. I'm sure they'll get better, but I really don't see when that is likely to happen. The game here needs to be blown up and completely re-built. Does anyone have the will to do it?
As an aside, I'd be delighted to see you in a new set of RMs.

Beer on the hill

Ward Prentice (10)
Mate, I'm fine. I have reconciled that the Wallabies are, for now, rubbish, and not able to compete with other top 10 teams. I'm sure they'll get better, but I really don't see when that is likely to happen. The game here needs to be blown up and completely re-built. Does anyone have the will to do it?
A fellow frustrated custodian of our game.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
I'll give it a crack for however much money Phil Waugh is raking in.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
The old "they got every single 50/50 call."

Wallabies first try should have been a penalty to Fiji and Petaia should have been carded for foul play.

Perhaps not EVERY 50/50 call....
What was wrong with the first try ? The red was right there. Arnold didn't play the ball.

Last edited:

A mutterer

Chilla Wilson (44)
more likely to end up with a broken ankle in a training accident given what happened with jorgo

:eek:

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
What was wrong with the first try ? The red was right there. Arnold didn't play the ball.
He’s on the wrong side of the tackle and he’s playing the ball.

The refs were also ‘right there’ when you think Nic White was ‘clearly pushed off the ball’ and when you think Petaia was ‘smacked in the head’ so do you think the refs miss things or not? Or do they only miss things that go against the Wallabies?

They definitely missed Petaia’s dangerous breakdown work.

IMG_4485.jpeg

IMG_4486.jpeg

Sir Arthur Higgins

Alan Cameron (40)
everyone said it but there was no point in bringing Jorgensen in to the squad.
Too bad he’s out for a few more months now. Talk about stunting development
Carter hopefully has a bit of grit and can handle being dropped. If he can’t at his age, he was never going to be the answer.
Dust yourself off, redouble your efforts and shine next year.