• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC Pool C - Australia v Wales - 5AM 25 Sep AEST

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Interesting that Slipper remains on the TH side despite Pone coming back.
I wondered about that as well, but more found it interesting that he was preferring Schoupp over Zane. However I now think it is more about easing Pone into the game rather than throwing him into the cauldron from the get go. Which makes sense, Slips will be fine and Pone can come on to bring it home. And Bell can relish in the knowledge he will be playing another 77 minutes.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
I wondered about that as well, but more found it interesting that he was preferring Schoupp over Zane. However I now think it is more about easing Pone into the game rather than throwing him into the cauldron from the get go. Which makes sense, Slips will be fine and Pone can come on to bring it home. And Bell can relish in the knowledge he will be playing another 77 minutes.
We can’t break Bell. That would take the cake.

noscrumnolife

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Leota at 6 is as much about Hooper at 7. I don't think it's a coincidence that we want a big body at 7 when Wayne Barnes is the referee, who is going to actually allow for a contest over the ball and not referee Rugby League lite like Andrew Brace. In fact, Eddie said as much after the Melbourne test which is the last time Barnes refereed as.

Don't mind it at all personally, we have to win the first 40. They have too much experience and game management skills for us to be chasing the game. But equally, they are pretty dogshit and I don't think they are capable of coming back at us like the ABs did in the Bledisloe tests.

noscrumnolife

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Splitting hairs between Schoupp and Nongorr anyway + TH is more important position and Bell has a massive engine. Bit of a no brainer to keep Slipper at TH IMO.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Eddie is a Muppet. Way to screw the mind of carter. Throws in an unproven Donaldson. Picks Richie Arnold who gives away a penalty every 5 min.

Kellaway is a good pick.

Last edited:

rugbyAU

Nev Cottrell (35)
Screen Shot 2023-09-22 at 8.53.35 pm.png