• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC Pool C - Australia v Wales - 5AM 25 Sep AEST

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Can we also, say a word about Tom Decent, breaking the Japan story on the eve of this match. Pretty sh!tty IMO

And yes, shitty. Never going to stop this result tho. We've allowed our development systems to stay in the amateur era, and now reap what we sow.

Crashy

Arch Winning (36)
Ok, maybe a bit of misplaced anger re SBW. But I will stand on the ground he doesn't offer much insight or benefit to our comms team. Anyone who thinks our game would be in any better of a state if we had Rennie or Quade out there is dreaming.

Which isn't to be confused with accepting Eddie's performance. I don't want to see him coach next year. But his missteps in this campaign have laid bare the actual problems facing our sport. And it's not coaching, and it's not the inherent talent.
his missteps?
Picking unproven green talent - coz that formula has always worked in every world cup.
Picking the youngest ever world cup team
Unable to answer journalists when simple questions are put to him. That airport trainwreck was a disgrace.
unable to explain why he didnt pick Hooper, Foley for example.
As head of the Women's Rugby program - can someone enlighten me as to what he's done?

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
Ok. I needed to let this one sit for a bit. I'm not sure that I have anything to add except well done Wales. As for the Wallabies, that was beyond disappointing and a really hard watch. I'm really not sure that the sum of our parts were as good as they could have been so for that Eddie does hold the responsibility.

We've been shit with at least five coaches now. Eddie is not the problem. Well at least, not the main problem.
I agree that the trendline is becoming rather telling. There are some systemic issues and alignment that need to be looked at.

That said, I'm not sure that we would have gotten this same result under Rennie & co. I don't think you can say that this is a true rebuild because this isn't like France full of players who had been winning the junior worldcups. This is a hodgepodge of players who are all at very different places with their understanding of the game. You can see the heart, but it's like listenning to a kids choir where they're all trying their best but half are off key and the other half are out of sync.

notdeadyet

Stan Wickham (3)
apologies to the gent who forecast wales by 20
you were so more right than me

good point is we have hit bottom and can not get worse, isn't it ?