• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC Pool C - Australia v Wales - 5AM 25 Sep AEST

noscrumnolife

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Listening to a number of post match reviews from the rest of the world and their commentary about "absorbing" and "tense" matches that are involving numerous referee interventions and low numbers of tries is actually actually a bit triggering tbh.
Don't get me started on this point. We should be looking to the NH for guidance as how to move our professionalisation and structures along. But fuck me I don't think the answer is to try and import their attitude towards the on-field product. They have an absolutely gash idea of what rugby should look like (am talking about the game itself, laws etc. not the competitions and structure surrounding it). More generally, I'll maintain that the talent base in the South continues to shit all over the North. There's a reason all the 6 nations sides are chock-a-block full of talent that the South didn't develop - we continue to produce sporting talent, they are better at maximising it in a professional environment.

The attitude in certain circles online e.g. Reddit Rugby Union which is an absolute dumpster fire of a-grade retard level opinions towards cards never ceases to blow my mind. They are objectively a blight on our game but the way some types on there carry on you would think they want to see more cards, not less.

Marce

John Thornett (49)
mate the greatest thing I remember as a kid from the country is my nana taking me all they way to melbourne to meet Gregan & Larkam, I get you'd feel horrible but your kids would love the chance to meet their hero's
Which heros? Take your kids to meet the Stan Sports staff. They were real heros of the game: Tim Horan, Justin Harrison, Mat Rogers, James Horwill, Michael Hooper, Andrew Mehrtens, SBW...

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Am I high thinking I would take more of that wallaby team than the Wales team If I made the best 15 out of them all? I would take bell, frost, maybe valentini, tate (50/50), samu, MK, mark, Kellaway,

noscrumnolife

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Am I high thinking I would take more of that wallaby team than the Wales team If I made the best 15 out of them all? I would take bell, frost, maybe valentini, tate (50/50), samu, MK, mark, Kellaway,
Just a little bit. Faletau is a better player than Valetini, Samu in 2023 is no better than Nick Tompkins and Josh Adams and Liam Williams would make up 2/3 of the back 3 for sure.

Goosestep

Syd Malcolm (24)
One thing is for certain, I can't think of a single Australian team that a sizable proportion of Australians delight at seeing lose. We'll support the wallabies when they win, but soooo many pile on them when they lose.

No other Australian team gets that treatment.
This

Marce

John Thornett (49)
One thing is for certain, I can't think of a single Australian team that a sizable proportion of Australians delight at seeing lose. We'll support the wallabies when they win, but soooo many pile on them when they lose.
Maybe cause once upon a time Union was so strong to almost match with League. The decline of a giant is always delight of their rivalries

Meanwhiles Socceroos, Matildas, always have been the underdogs so a semifinal for them is a victory.

Also you have to add the stuff about private schoolboys who play Rugby and public schoolboys who play League

Namerican

Bill Watson (15)
Of the Wallabies team I'd take Bell, Kerevi, Valteni is a wash with Faletau, Koriobete, Kells, Mark N (Nawaqanitawase) are a wash with Josh Adams, Zamit and Liam Williams.

Not much in it as far as 6,4,5,7 where neither team are great.

I take the Welsh #9 every day. He was great.

Wales #2 and either #10 are better.

Petaia is worse than North.

IMO hard to judge as a lot of Wallabies looked way worse than they are and weren't the sum of their parts whereas Wales were the total opposite.

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
I think that Fast-Eddie is playing the long game. .

With my cynical hat on I think that he deliberately sabotaged the Wobs to make a mockery of RA.

I think that he holds bad blood towards RA from the ARU days.

I wouldn't be surprised if he fucks off to Japan for the gig there.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Anyway fellas, just like to say, although I know a hell of a lot were gutted etc yesterday, if you reading this post, and it's daylight, I can only assume yesterday's result was that, and the sun still came up today (even it's raining here)and so you now can stop and think it was one game that Wallabies lost! That is not the reason to tear down the fortress, but perhaps take a look at what has gone a bit astray with the game in Aus over the years and see what everyone (not just the boffins at RA) can do to swing the balance back. It is still a bloody great sport to follow, whereever in the world you are, and Wallabies will get things sorted if everyone is sensible and don't just look for recriminations and bloodletting.

Well that's what I believe anyway.

Mr Pilfer

Bob Loudon (25)
When do they do the draw for the next World Cup? Hopefully not soon because if we are not in the top 8 at that stage we will really be in a group of death and will prob miss finals again, this time in our home World Cup

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
What happens if Fiji lose to Georgia and don't get a bp against Portugal ?
There is that glimmer of hope, unlikely but we need to put a cricket score on Portugal just in case. Fiji will have played Georgia beforehand so they will know if it’s a possibility.

Linerunner2023

Fred Wood (13)
Well that will do it
Easiest World Cup draw in history and couldn’t make it out of the pool stage
Donaldson missed the cover for the first try, kicked the kick off dead, dropped the ball
And gorden was no better
Anyone who thought this was a great idea to take 1 young 10 has got rocks in their head
The lineout where they fell over top of each other sums up this season

99 out of 100 people could have said you need to keep experience for a World Cup and not change the world a month out! Some of these guys won’t recover, some will be whipping boys

if I was hooper, Quade and the other 15 senior guys left behind I’d be laughing
Those who said we need Eddie for rugby press and media is this the media and press you wanted? For Australian rugby and wallabies to be the laughing stock of the country?

I still can’t Bellieve they will finish in the pool where they only had Fiji and wales
Jones promised rugby champs, bled cup and RWC wins and will finish his wallabies coaching career 2 from 9 with wins v Georgia and Portugal

Neo

Stan Wickham (3)
Team selection was a disaster. Players like Donaldson who isn’t good enough to be the Tahs 10 and trains the whole World Cup at 15 gets parachuted into 10 for the Wallabies most important game in 4 years.

Happy to hear Jones is in talks to coach Japan. Hopefully he takes McLellan with him. A Banker and a Pom. No wonder we had our worst ever World Cup.